It's Officially - How NOT To Plan A Wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angela Harlem said:
Salome are you spreading rumours again?
tsk.

:!:
baaaaaaaaahahaa!

I always feel like I'm in trouble the 3 times a year angie refers to me as Salome

:shifty:

I think in this day and age, registering is a good idea. I cant tell you how much easier it is to go to a store, find something on a list in your price range, and buy it. And your done. I hate standing there or wandering around to find something for people.

Some people do take the whole registering thing way out of context. I've registered for my own wedding, but nothing too outrageous, just plates and some linens.

Baby showers, I dont really think registering is a good thing. Maybe I'm morbid - but what if anything ever happened? A girl I kow registered for a $900 dollar rocking chair. She seriously needs a smack.

I registered at Target for our wedding for 23 items LOL and my fiance thought that was too much! But I think our most expensive thing is a wine cabinet for like $120 lol But I wouldn't register for all that shite lol...although I was thinking about registering for 2 bikes :shrug: But I figure nobody would buy us that!

We have to register for China which my fiance thinks it'd be a waste of money but I told him that we need it for later on cos it's so expensive! :huh: Might as well take advantage. But he's so hardheaded I was thinking about going by myself and registering for it

Okay, just about every wedding I've been to people who are not invited to the shower give gifts on the registry and those who were invited to the shower give money. Wedding showers have been the place where linens, kitchen stuff, ect have been given.

About the 123 items....a friend of mine got married last summer and had over 300 people at her wedding. If you are having a large wedding I think its okay to register for that much....I don't know, I guess that's the way I've always seen it done.

Back
Top Bottom