IT'S OFFICIAL # Well wishes for FAH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a VW garage:Schmeg drive a Jetta, I drive a Passat

fah said:
...as too much Advil is not a good thing.

Crap. We may have just figured out my problem. :yikes:

Glad to hear everyone is alright. See, those Jetta commercial are spot on...everyone safe! :)

Are you going to get another VW?

jettas are safe but i still hate those surprise accident commercials

fah said:

We got the word today that our 96 Jetta has over $12,000 damage :ohmy:

Memories of the accident ~ trying to stuff the airbag bag into the steering wheel :giggle:
:sad: Poor Jetta :sad:
(see above post)

My brother did the same thing with the airbag when he crashed my mom's '96 Monte Carlo a few years back; I think he thought that pushing it back in would undo the accident.

I'm glad you're on the mend but watch out with the Advil; you don't want to end up like Zoney! :yikes:

Answers to questions:

Yes the car is "OTL" (obvious total loss) as seen on one of the car windows in the repair shop. It appears that over $12K worth of damage on a car that only has a book value of around $5K is more than enough!

We (ok Mr fah) has been out looking at possible replacements for our Jetta. Possible choices include:

VW City Jetta
Dodge Caliber
Hyundai Sonata
Hyundai Santa Fe
Nissan Altima
Mercedes Benz B Class
Mercedes Benz C Class (previously loved 2003/2004)

What we need/want:

Seating for 5
Automatic
Power windows/locks
Heated front seats
All the air bags/safety stuff
Basic radio with cd player
ABS brakes

I am not a fan of car shopping :|

Nissan and Honda are nice cars to drive, I've never driven an automatic before though.

Carek1230 said:
:up: Not too shabby, goes with everything too!

What's the status on the new car issue? :reject: I've been a bit out of the loop.

We've been test driving!!!

So far we have driven a 2006 Diesel Jetta and a 2006 B series Mercedes Benz both are nice but I'm not sure they are big enough.

Did I mention that I am not fond of car shopping :(

Next up is the Hyundai Santa Fe and a some sort of Volvo with a 40 in it's name.

We were going to go test driving today but it snowed a bunch so we didn't go and I stayed home and cleaned my house again.

I am going back to the Doctor tomorrow. The brace is working really well but I still have some pain in my right hand and I'm thinking I might need some physio :shrug: Also, the tip of my left thumb is still numb. The good news is that the swelling and bruising around my eyes is pretty much gone. :dance:

:hug: Poor Mr. & Mrs. fah, mini-fah's & (former) Jetta of fah! :hug:

Glad to hear there weren't any more serious injuries. I mean, granted, the car's a goner but which is easier to replace - a car or a fah????? I hope the shopping isn't too painful - keep us updated! :)

Last edited:
fah said:

We've been test driving!!!

So far we have driven a 2006 Diesel Jetta and a 2006 B series Mercedes Benz both are nice but I'm not sure they are big enough.

Did I mention that I am not fond of car shopping :(

Next up is the Hyundai Santa Fe and a some sort of Volvo with a 40 in it's name.

We were going to go test driving today but it snowed a bunch so we didn't go and I stayed home and cleaned my house again.

I am going back to the Doctor tomorrow. The brace is working really well but I still have some pain in my right hand and I'm thinking I might need some physio :shrug: Also, the tip of my left thumb is still numb. The good news is that the swelling and bruising around my eyes is pretty much gone. :dance:

:applaud: This is good car shopping news. The Volvo is supposed to be rated very high safety-wise :up: Plus it might be roomier for all the fahs to fit at the same time. I am glad the swelling is better! This whole ordeal has been really sucky and I feel badly for you. I bet your house is happy being cleaned tho!

Back
Top Bottom