io #age polarization

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the happiest time of my life. Or at least last year was, and this year will be (starting April 4th ;) ). When I was 19 and 20, I was stressed about graduating from college and finding a job, and from 17-19 I was battling against two people who were trying to ruin my life. High school was absolute hell, and I've blocked all memories before that. :reject: :sigh:

I have friends in all age groups really.
One of my closest friends is 63 :silent: ... My two best friends are 22 and 24 (I am 28)...
I have good friends who are in their early thirties, mid thirties and late thirties. I even hang out sometimes with people in their 50's.
I find people in their 40's to be the hardest to know or even like. I dunno what it is? :shrug: Are they jealous that I am young? are they not content yet with their life? It's a mystery.... :|
I don't have any good friends at the moment who are teenagers... I actually don't have any teenage friends at the moment... other than those I know on this board.
I think it's great to have relationships with people of all ages... you learn so much from them. :)

I dunno what my favourite age was though... not too keen on being 28 at the moment, but that's because I am not yet where I want to be in life... it will come.
I must say I had a blast in my last few years of University. I was a total grunge chick at heart... went to concerts... partied big time... sex, drugs and rock'n'roll. :silent: Did I just say that? :reject: Age 20-23 is where it's at.

:wave:

Last edited:
Looking back on it, even with some of the crap that went on, college was a lot of fun. 2001 was awesome for me. Saw U2, graduated, moved back to California, fell in love, saw U2 two more times...good times, good times. :)

As far as age and friends/acquaintances is concerned, I've got a pretty good mix. At work I'm one of the younger bosses, so I've got some coworkers who are over twice my age, and some who are over 5 years younger than me. Most of the people I hang out with tend to be a little older than I am, actually.

Angel said:

I find people in their 40's to be the hardest to know or even like. I dunno what it is? :shrug: Are they jealous that I am young? are they not content yet with their life? It's a mystery....

Pleople in their 40's can be fun, too. :madspit: You've just met the wrong ones....I think. But being in your 40's is a weird time. You're not really young anymore, but you're not old either. :shrug: I think some 40-something people let it get to them. Maybe you can figure it out when you get there. :) :wink:

Personally, I'm glad I have some friends who are young enough to be my kid!!!

:wave:

In all of my classes I had in college, the people my age almost never talked to me...it was always the folks in their 30's on up. I got along so well with all of them though. The only problem was that those people didn't really care to meet outside of class to ever do anything. :slant:

I have such a hard time making friends. :der: :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom