Your best "early morning and I can't sleep" U2 album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
So I appear to be having a case of innsomnia right now due to irregular sleeping habits related to midterm exams last week.

I always find that when I am up at an ungodly hour of the morning I like to have some music to keep me conpany, and more often than not the first album that comes to mind is Zooropa. Very surreal, and contemplative for me, it's wrapped up in its own world that I can lose myself in from the opening piano and anthem Zooropa to the closing, rambling, peaceful Wanderer.

What is your favourite U2 album for the early morning hours?

Achtung Baby. Because I'm very cranky then, and the snarling opening riff of Zoo Station fits my mood perfectly.

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmh, well I'd like to have a day like this

Morning- ATYCLB
Going to work/ school/ college- The Joshua Tree
Home in the evening, sitting out your back, the sun going down- The Unforgettable Fire
Night to early morning- Achtung Baby, come on Trying To Throw Your Arms around the World would be wasted at any other time :wink:

Sorry it's not U2 but Brian Eno 'Music For Airports I' is my current favourite zone out record.

in the morning: Vertigo and All Because of You---perfect for my "quick fit"program with 40 push ups...

I must admit i never listen to any kind of music when i go to bed!
in the evenings some Bad would be nice, or Stay acoustic or Running to stand still

I was thinking Zooropa too. What sucks is that you can't really fall asleep to it since it has the Siren of Death at the end.

As much as I try to fall back to sleep while listening any of their albums, I find myself knowing what's coming next and "not wanting to miss that part" so going to sleep to U2, is most times impossible.. I read and listen to POP and then UF or Zooropa, then wonder which part I fell asleep on. :yawn:
I can't seem to stay asleep for the last part of HTDAAB, as soon as Crumbs... comes on I'm awake, but then back asleep.
It's been that way from the beginning with CFYT. It awakens all of my senses.. I have to hear it..:heart:

Zooropa, definitely.

There is nothing better than listening to the title track Zooropa when it's still dark and you're sort of alone...

Songs like Daddy's Gonna Pay and Somedays are Better have a very funky atmosphere that really suits sleepless mornings.

In fact, I love this whole album, but I won't begin to give a full reivew of it or we'll be here all night.:wink: :drool:

Zooropa is mine too, haha. Wanderer is a good moody song for the hour too.

Other than that, probably Achtung of ATYCLB.

you're all so lucky to get to play music whenever. With a grouchy husband and kids, I can't just rock out anytime I want :sigh:

unforgettable fire is most definitely best for early morning and late at night.

Wut about October? I think it would work in a very dreary, kind of rainy night, lonely setting

Zooropa.

"3 O'Clock in the morning/ It's quite and there's no one around"

The other night I started HTDAAB when I went to bed. I was still wide awake when Bono sang "Take this heart, and make it break."

Back
Top Bottom