Wouldn't it be nice if U2 released some songs in Garageband?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GG_The_Fly

The Fly
This is a quote from U2 Neophobia.com:

"Re: The Edge via U2.com, "We wanted to get Edge’s take on the track he and Bono have recorded for the new Wim Wenders film. Then there was the Leonard Cohen documentary to discuss, plus how Fast Cars ended up in the set and the recent resurgence of real rock’n’roll bands. No worries - for U2’s guitarist, rest is for wimps! Turns out that playing nightly in the year’s most popular rock’n’roll tour isn’t enough to keep a guitarist busy. When he gets back to his hotel after a show, he can often be found flicking open his Mac and writing songs on GarageBand. (In case you missed that, that’s NEW songs for a NEW record! )"

Is there anybody out there that's interested in writing something to Edge/U2 saying it'd be nice if they released something in GB so we could play around with it?!? :drool:

There have to be some mac users salivating over this proposition, right?

Of course, and i am not a huge NIN fan, but they did release a song of there's off their last album as a GB tune so everyone could muck around with it - i thought that was very cool.

Let me know if anybody's interested in this!

That would be pretty cool! I'd have to buy a Mac, but it would be worth it. :wink: I don't really know if U2 would go for it, however. They might, I suppose, seeing they're a band that's excited about "the future."

GibsonGirl said:
That would be pretty cool! I'd have to buy a Mac, but it would be worth it. :wink: I don't really know if U2 would go for it, however. They might, I suppose, seeing they're a band that's excited about "the future."

You should already have a mac - out of the box you can do amazing things recording your guitar with a 1/4 to 1/8 stereo adapter!

I don't understand why U2 wouldn't want to do this - it's all (like you said) in tune (no pun intended) with U2's philosophy on cutting edge (again, no pun intended) technology.

Damn lawyers, i say. . . otherwise i feel like Edge would already be doing this! It would be amazing to have a multitrack recording of one of their songs.

Back
Top Bottom