WORST song survivor: all that you can't leave behind (round one)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

please vote OFF your favourite song.

• beautiful day

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • stuck in a moment you can't get out of

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • elevation

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • walk on

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • kite

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • in a little while

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • wild honey

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • peace on earth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • when i look at the world

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • new york

• grace

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

you know what? i find it hilarious that someone i've never even seen before is questioning me, a moderator of all people, whose job it is to be as objective as possible, as not being objective. and over a silly game of all things. what do i have to gain by stuffing the ballot? in fact, wasn't it just me who was saying in the previous round that i'd be pissed if i found out someone was doing that same thing?

there will be no revote, and there certainly won't be one that lasts exactly 24 hours. i have a life outside of interference and i can't be on to time exactly when to start and end each round. plus, it specifically says in each of my first posts final rounds last two days. anyone who disagrees with the rules of this survivor series can feel free to NOT PARTICIPATE.

i honestly cannot believe people are getting so worked up over a GAME!

You may not have seen me, but I've been voting in this for weeks. For some reason I thought this contest was being run by a PHP script, I didn't realize you were doing everything by hand.

There are a lot of huge U2 fans here, of course we're going to be worked up about anything U2. :rolleyes:

PS - Just because you're a mod doesn't mean that you're objective :wink: I'm glad you had a good laugh though. No charge.

prof_peabody said:
You may not have seen me, but I've been voting in this for weeks. For some reason I thought this contest was being run by a PHP script, I didn't realize you were doing everything by hand.

There are a lot of huge U2 fans here, of course we're going to be worked up about anything U2. :rolleyes:

PS - Just because you're a mod doesn't mean that you're objective :wink: I'm glad you had a good laugh though. No charge.
from your previous post, i gathered that you are accusing me of either purposely closing the thread as soon as miami was in the lead or altering the number of votes so miami would win.

i don't care how big of a U2 fan anyone is, that's no excuse to go so far as to accuse someone who has nothing to gain out of this of doing what she'd just yelled at others for wanting to do IN THAT VERY THREAD. i don't care if bono himself comes in and says it's a tragedy, that doesn't excuse anyone's behaviour. and to compare it to the 2000 presidential election? i just hope you were making a simple comparison and no one is honestly taking this that bloody seriously.

i take huge offense that you are again saying i'm not objective. and no, i didn't have "a good laugh." i find it highly offensive. my whole job as a mod is to look at everything as objectively as possible. and the more you insult me and insinuate i altered the results or set it up that miami would win, the more i'm considering ending this survivor series.

KhanadaRhodes said:

from your previous post, i gathered that you are accusing me of either purposely closing the thread as soon as miami was in the lead or altering the number of votes so miami would win.

i don't care how big of a U2 fan anyone is, that's no excuse to go so far as to accuse someone who has nothing to gain out of this of doing what she'd just yelled at others for wanting to do IN THAT VERY THREAD. i don't care if bono himself comes in and says it's a tragedy, that doesn't excuse anyone's behaviour. and to compare it to the 2000 presidential election? i just hope you were making a simple comparison and no one is honestly taking this that bloody seriously.

i take huge offense that you are again saying i'm not objective. and no, i didn't have "a good laugh." i find it highly offensive. my whole job as a mod is to look at everything as objectively as possible. and the more you insult me and insinuate i altered the results or set it up that miami would win, the more i'm considering ending this survivor series.

No one is truly objective, it's human nature. Unless of course you're a robot. :eyebrow:

If you didn't have a good laugh, then why did you say earlier that you found it hilarious?

As for the 2000 election, I was only getting at the parallels of when polls closed and counting actually stopped.

Khanada,

On behalf of the vast majority of folks who have enjoyed voting in these polls over the last couple of months, please keep it up! Don't let the comments of a few bad apples spoil the fun for everyone. Heck, I voted for Playboy Mansion is one of my favourite songs, and yet I took the verdict with a gallant shrug. I guess I'll just have to vote for it again in the final 'worst' round ---but may God help everyone if it lasts longer than 4th of July... ;)

In short, don't walk on......which, incidentally, is the song I voted for.

KhanadaRhodes said:

C'mon, you've been doing a great job, this polls are cool, don't end them because of some rubbish that someone said.

Hey, guys, get over this, I admit that I made some campaign for The Playboy Mansion because actually is my 3rd favourite song on Pop and I was shocked to see it going to the finals and be beated by Miami for 1 vote. But ok, this is just a game, and now let's forget this, now we are in ATYCLB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom