Worst Album Survivor Results and Best Album Survivor: Round I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please now vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE album.

Welcome to the first round of Best Album Survivor, the sequel to Worst Album Survivor, a bit of an experiment to see if the order of elimination alters the outcome substantially. In this tournament, you vote for your least favourite album, with the most unpopular album eliminated each round until we are left with just one album, the favourite. Unlike Worst Album Survivor, elimination is a bad thing now. This round will last 24 hours.

In the final round of Worst Album Survivor, October performed well like it had in numerous previous rounds, but yet again failed to get enough votes to achieve elimination and was defeated by Rattle And Hum, 69 votes to 42. The final ranking of U2's albums from best to worst in Worst Album Survivor was:

1. Achtung Baby
2. The Joshua Tree
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Pop
5. Zooropa
6. Boy
7. War
8. All That You Can't Leave Behind
9. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
10. Rattle And Hum
11. October

Has to be ATYCLB.

I just don't get it. That's my absolute favorite. I listened to it all the way through tonight with headphones on, the first time in a long time. The entire thing is unbeatable- the melodies, the lyrics, the mood, the guitar. Not a flaw on the album, in my opinion. At the very least, it better not be the first to go. :shakes fist:

October gets my vote. :madspit:

Boy STUPID Boy

j/k... I voted on it...but it's a great album, no matter what. It's just U2's least good album.

October CANNOT lose this first round. It MUST not. It's such an underrated album. It's like October and Pop are the bastard child's of the U2 catalog.

ATYCLB, no doubts here.

hey Axver, would you be interested in doing album covers survivor next?
Boy, October, War, UABRS, UF, WAIA, JT, R&H, AB, Zooropa, Passengers, Pop, ATYCLB, HTDAAB, NLOTH (no "best of" covers) :wave:

All That You Can't Leave Behind, without a doubt. The closest they've been to reaching mediocrity.

I just don't get it. That's my absolute favorite. I listened to it all the way through tonight with headphones on, the first time in a long time. The entire thing is unbeatable- the melodies, the lyrics, the mood, the guitar. Not a flaw on the album, in my opinion. At the very least, it better not be the first to go. :shakes fist:

October gets my vote. :madspit:

From my standpoint: I think it has by far U2's most uninteresting music (studio versions of Stuck in a Moment, Elevation, Wild Honey, Peace on Earth, WILATW, New York, Grace ... meh), and Bono's vocals sound awful (exception being Kite).

hey Axver, would you be interested in doing album covers survivor next?
Boy, October, War, UABRS, UF, WAIA, JT, R&H, AB, Zooropa, Passengers, Pop, ATYCLB, HTDAAB, NLOTH (no "best of" covers) :wave:

Perhaps. We've done an album covers survivor before, but it was ... four or five years ago. I'm reluctant to do any tournament featuring anything associated with NLOTH though, since the closeness to its release inevitably leads to distorted results. Just look at how differently HTDAAB has fared with the passage of time, once it has sunk in and become just another member of the U2 catalogue rather than "ZOMG NEWWW ALBUM!!!11!!11"

October, War, ATYCLB, and HTDAAB all have about the same amount of good songs surrounded by filler. However, the good songs on October and War easily outpace those of the other two.

So that leaves it between the last two albums.

:hmm:

Bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom