Will we ever see ?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Z00rop@83

The Fly
will we ever see Lemon, stay, heartland, babyface, please, do you feel loved, whos gonna ride your wild horses , love is blindness..played live..ever???

i dont see them being played but i can't imagine they would completely ignore such a large chunk of their catelog....

i know this such an up in the air question and nobody really knows but its killin me :(

Z00rop@83 said:
will we ever see Lemon, stay, heartland, babyface, please, do you feel loved, whos gonna ride your wild horses , love is blindness..played live..ever???(

Played live ever? I take it you are a new fan....almost all if not all of these songs have been played live.

Wild Horses has even been played on the current tour.

i meant ever again....i know most were played when they 1st came out but not recently....maybe horses, thats bout it....ive been a fan for a while, just started posting here tho :wink:

Financeguy is right - out of all of those songs, only Heartland has not been played in full. In fact, some have been setlist regulars at various points in time.

Lemon: played at all ten shows on the final leg of ZooTV in November and December 1993.
Stay: the only Zooropa song to be played in North America. Played on the last two legs of ZooTV and then acoustically during the Elevation Tour (which is when it debuted in North America).
Heartland: Never played live. Snippeted once during Streets on 13 October 1989 in Melbourne. Unlikely to ever be played.
Babyface: Played five times on the fourth leg of ZooTV.
Please: Played at every single Popmart concert, then at the majority of third leg Elevation shows. It is said U2 almost played it in Chicago on the first leg of the current tour and I imagine they are still considering playing it. On the European leg it was consistently snippeted during Bullet.
Do You Feel Loved: Played six times on Popmart before being dropped.
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses: Played at every show on the first and second legs of ZooTV, once full band and a few times acoustically on the third leg of ZooTV, and then a few times this year (I was at the Boston show where it was played for the first time in over 12.5 years).
Love Is Blindness: Closed (or played in tandem with I Can't Help Falling In Love With You to close) almost every ZooTV concert.

You might want to have a look at http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/all-u2-tours.html for setlist data and information on what songs have and haven't been played.

Z00rop@83 said:
i meant ever again....i know most were played when they 1st came out but not recently....maybe horses, thats bout it....ive been a fan for a while, just started posting here tho :wink:

Right, well of the ones you listed I don't think Babyface is very likely to be played live again. All of the others are possibilities, to a greater or lesser extent. But who knows?

Z00rop@83 said:

Wish I'd seen that before I wrote my long post. Ah well, not a bother to me, I love blabbering on about setlists.

As far as being played again, here's what I know about some of the songs on the list:

Lemon: I believe Paul McGuinness confirmed this was rehearsed pre-tour.
Please: As mentioned before, they were seriously considering playing this song in Chicago and it was a snippet regular in Europe. I wouldn't be shocked if this eventually makes the concert sets.
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses: Played five times this tour. I imagine it'll make sets on the third leg in cities such as Toronto and NYC where U2 are playing 4-5 shows in a row.

It's also a good bet Stay will turn up in the future. Maybe not this tour, but I cannot imagine it never being played again.

If Heartland is ever played, I may just die of joy.

Babyface and do you feel loved probably won't appear anymore. All the others have a chance IMO. I can't believe they won't ever play Heartland, one of my 15 favourite U2 songs... :(

Originally posted by Axver

Please: As mentioned before, they were seriously considering playing this song in Chicago and it was a snippet regular in Europe. I wouldn't be shocked if this eventually makes the concert sets.

It's being snippeted during Bullet the blue sky, and here in Lisbon, when Bono said "please, please, get up of your knees" it was possible to hear some jubilation and even some girl screams around me. I guess many people would like to see this song again.

It's also a good bet Stay will turn up in the future. Maybe not this tour, but I cannot imagine it never being played again.

If Heartland is ever played, I may just die of joy.

Ditto. Top 15 songs for me.

Wasn't Bono quoted to saying Stay was his favorite song?

It would be nice full-band like on the album version, alternating with With or Without You or in the 2nd encore w/ Yahweh

The drumbeat is so awesome...:drool:

Back
Top Bottom