Will Edge play guitar on the new album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
apparently, he put a saddle and reigns upon a dragon and they recorded that.

wrong

No - he won't be playing guitar. U2 are making an album inspired by the Beach Boys. And edge have to do alot of backing, and he has big problems playing the guitar while singing Beach Boys-songs because he get the urge to dance the surfdance (similar to boom-cha, but with a surfing-twist and with blue swimmingpants).

GOD i'm waiting for the album...

edge is a sellout no good hick. if U2 record a song with him, I will burn all my U2 records!! :mad:

edge james... when the hell did he join the band?

the pimp with gold teef on the guitar? sweet.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i heard they replaced him with buckethead

Yeah, I heard that Adam and Larry dumped Edge and BONO, and replaced them with Buckethead and Axl Rose. They have rechristened the band "Two for the Roses" and will be working on the album until 2015. Just rumor.....:scream:

Dorian Gray said:
maybe the new album will only feature the raw, monster-guitar rock stylings of Bono.

I really do wonder what the extent of Bono's guitar playing ability is?

u2 could use a guitarist that can play some rock&roll. they can keep edge as a rhythm guitarist in the back.(maby if it were 1990 this could work but now i think its too late)edge dont feel so bad we still love ya:lol: :lol:

man bono can shred on the guitar like a motherfucker.(ive heard he has been taking guitar lessons for the past 2 years) since edge does not want to rock out, bono has to do everything!
rock on bono you are the only rocker in u2!:yes:

Last edited:
What kind of a crappy name is Edge in the first place? Edge of what? A guitar? A stadium seat? A tortoise? It's nearly as bad as his CRAP guitar playing. He's never recorded a good song in his life. His efforts on the drums on Running To Stand There (But Only On Tuesdays) were a lot better and he should go back to that.

Furthermore, the idiot talks too much. No wonder we already know the lyrics to every song on the new album coming out tomorrow. He needs to shut up.

Plus, some of you seem to think Bono was only recently kicked out of the band. They threw him out after they thoroughly bombed with The Joshua Tree. How could you not recognise that Adam Clayton's been the lead singer for sixteen years? Gone blind or something?

i know a 15 year old kid who can play the guitar 100 times better than the edge , im serious.
edge cant solo , cant rock out, his name is the edge but all he does is strum on the guitar look at me i can strum weeweee.

take some lessons man you got alot of money go get some lessions from JIMMY PAGE. so next time your songs wont suck ass.

THE EDGE what a joke.
if you are going to call your self the edge, plese learn how to play the electric guitar and next time turn the volume up on the amp. this aint no elevator music.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad

two thumbs down for the edge!

I heard that the new album will feature only synthesizers and a computerized voice, like Radiohead's "Fitter Happier". Except the whole album's going to be like that.

Rumor (from Hot Press):
The Edge will put down his guitar for the next album, and instead put all his effort into growing back his hair and playing the xzylophone.

The Edge said, "We're really getting close to making the kind of music we've always wanted to make. It's just raw rock 'n roll: drums, bass, vocals, and the xzylophone.

Bono later told us, "The Edge is an angry man, banging on those xzylophone keys. He's broken about 3 or 4 xzylophones with only his pinky! He's really, really f*ckin' brilliant. Edge is on fire. Literally. We were playin' one day and he got so mad he got out a match and set the whole studio aflame. It was really, really f*ckin' brilliant, man. I wish Salman Rushdie could have been there."

Edge: "Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I will get an inspiration for a song. So I round up all the guys, we hit the studio, and start playin'. Man, it is really great. We're working on a song right now, it's called, "A Xzylophone's a Xzylophone." It's gonna be a classic. Then theres that other song, "Xzylophone and Wine." Great song.

The album will be released sometime early next year, and each album is rumored to have pieces from The Edge's actual xzylophones

Back
Top Bottom