Who would you like to see...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
...opening for U2 on their next tour?

Now, let's not even worry about being realistic here. If you would like to see The Beatles (including John and George) open for U2, shout it out! :laugh:

That being said...here are some of my picks...

-REM
-Billy Idol
-Bruce Springsteen
-Sting

Red Hot Chilli peppers
Sex Pistols
Garbage
PJ Harvey
Reunion of Genesis ( Collins + Gabriel + Rutherford )
Paul Mccartney
Ringo Star
David Bowie
Ozzy Osbourne & Friends
Black Sabbath
Pink Floyd reunion ( Waters + Gilmour + Barret + Wright + Mason )
Brian Eno
Chemichal Brothers
Ray Charles
Brian May
Eminem
Cardigans
Flood
Daniel Lanois
Prodigy

:tongue: :tongue: :angel:

Last time I wished for "No Doubt" and it happened, maybe the band does read our comments after all.:)
I was thinking that for the So. American leg they should have Shakira open, her Spanish albums are awesome.:yes:
I know she's not very popular around this areas but I think she's talented.

Being completely unrealistic here, I would think I'd died and gone to Heaven if Depeche Mode kicked things off...followed by The Rolling Stones...and then U2 takin' the stage. :D

*will have sweet, sweet rock dreams tonight* :D

Oooh...

Shakira, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones...All great choices! I was going to mention Pink Floyd but I forgot!

I saw two concerts last year with no opening act -- Madonna and Crosby, Stills & Nash -- and it was great. U2 definitely has a big enough catalog to fill a two-hour-plus concert without needing an opening act.

i also saw a band who didn't have an opening act. it was awesome, cuz they played for basically the time the opener would've, plus that annoying 30 min. gap in between the two bands, and the headliner's time. so it came to like almost four hours! :eek: :shocked: :D :up: :dance: :dance:

dsmith2904 said:
I saw two concerts last year with no opening act -- Madonna and Crosby, Stills & Nash -- and it was great. U2 definitely has a big enough catalog to fill a two-hour-plus concert without needing an opening act.

:yes: There is definitely something to be said for that too. At the three U2 concerts I've been to so far, I found myself very wound up during the opening act because I really didn't give a tiny rat's ass about the band playing and just wanted to see U2!

arg...a few months ago I saw System of a Down and they had TWO opening acts. The first one was absolutely horrid...the second was slightly better, but it still kind of sucked because System of a Down only played for 50 minutes!

firstly let me say that your avatar wertsie is simply stunning and I thnk that the pic is from the movie 'dogfight'- long live River:heart:

now to the question, I think the Chemical Brothers would be good and for an Aussie band, well I think Powderfinger would do a nice job:)

OzAurora said:
firstly let me say that your avatar wertsie is simply stunning and I thnk that the pic is from the movie 'dogfight'- long live River:heart:

:yes: Yep, it's from Dogfight. I absolutely LOVE that movie, and River Phoenix is/was amazing...:sad:

Coldplay!
not so big that they wouldn't want to open
and an amazing band at that!

I prefer no opening band but if I had to make a realistic choice I would choose as my #1 pick: RUBYHORSE! ! They are so awesome and they are also from Ireland but now reside in Boston and have a great first album, Rise. Youve got to hear Sparkle, Any Day Now, Punchdrunk, and Into the Lavender....

Other realistic choices: Our Lady Peace, Dishwalla, Tonic.

I would LOVE the Chili Peppers to open for them but come on, lets get real!

NicaMom said:
Last time I wished for "No Doubt" and it happened, maybe the band does read our comments after all.:)
I was thinking that for the So. American leg they should have Shakira open, her Spanish albums are awesome.:yes:
I know she's not very popular around this areas but I think she's talented.

u've said it...here spanish albums are very good. too bad she sold out big time. i used to be such a big shakira fan but then she shows up with this totally comercialized and heavily produced album i have grown to despise her within months. she still is talented and could do something good if she used her old methods.
as for me, i would love to see a nirvana concert followed by a u2 concert...wow...:|

Back
Top Bottom