Who are the 'REAL' U2 fans?...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lauren430 said:

It was amazing and worth it of course!!! And it gives you an awesome story to tell!!!! You'll have so much fun!!! :hyper:

CTU2fan, I have the heart in a suitcase tattoo from All That You Can't Leave Behind :wink:

Suitcase tattoo? That's awesome...I knew somebody had to. I think you win :)

I got my supervisor to do my job for 2 hours so I could go home to get presale tickets for Elevation tour.:wink:

CTU2fan said:
Suitcase tattoo? That's awesome...I knew somebody had to. I think you win :)
:lmao:

well there are definitely more people with u2 related tattoos. starsgoblue and Sicy also have the heart in the suitcase, and I know several people around here have joshua trees :wink:

So far losing 71 lbs to be able to handle the ga line and stand in the heart/egg if by some act of god i'm able to snag a ga tix in next weeks gen sale. Before this the knees would'nt be abel to handle it. U2 the best wt loss plan around!!

lauren430 said:

well there are definitely more people with u2 related tattoos. starsgoblue and Sicy also have the heart in the suitcase

:yes: Everyone is always asking, "Why do you have a damn suitcase on your ankle?!"

Ok, here's a story...I had to serve several Saturday morning detentions in high school for organizing and performing a spoof of the "Numb" video for the talent show. I'm sure you guys can imagine... :shh:

Too many stories related to my U2 'sickness'. :wink: It's a terminal disease, it gets progressively worse.

Last edited:
i drove 3200+ miles, (spending about 45 hrs in my car) and then waited for about 25 hrs in ga lines in 11 days to see the first 6 shows of elevation tour.

Last edited:
I have a worn out copy of R&H on vhs.I got in 1990 fro my 15th birthday.The cover is a little torn up so a put a plastic shield protecting it.

I have the U2 "sicknees" too...*cough cough gag*.I have a i.v. full of "lemon" juice and get bed rest in a "blue room".Where's a doctor when we need one?

Due to scratches on cds during so many repeated playings, I've bought each U2 album at least two times; Joshua Tree four times, Unforgettable Fire three times.

I have at least 5 hours of television spots.

I wore yellow-lensed Fly shades every single day of school my junior year in high school.

I bought cd singles just for remixes. I own three different versions of Discotheque, two different Sweetest Thing, two different Even Better Than The Real Thing, two different Please, two different Beautiful Day.

I wrote every report I did in high school on U2, powerpoint presentations and all.

I made a mix cd, but wanted it to look authentic so I hunted down ultra-rare photos of the band and double-sided taped them onto a cdr, made a booklet for a cd case with more photos, and even typed all the lyrics, songwriters, who mixed the songs, produced them, etc.

Within two weeks of listening to Pride for the first time (in 1998, my first real U2 experience), I owned Boy, October, War, Under A Blood Red Sky, The Unforgettable Fire, Wide Awake In America, The Joshua Tree, Rattle & Hum, a bootleg from Holland in 1990 (I believe it's Holland -- it was off e-bay and has a few scattered recordings, but no dates :mad:), Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Passengers, Pop, and The Best of 1980-1990; Rattle & Hum, ZooTV, and Popmart.

But I guess that's probably similar to everyone else.

Oh, but I wrote another verse to October and recorded it. Ha!

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
:yes: Everyone is always asking, "Why do you have a damn suitcase on your ankle?!"

:lol: :D.

Originally posted by starsgoblue
Ok, here's a story...I had to serve several Saturday morning detentions in high school for organizing and performing a spoof of the "Numb" video for the talent show. I'm sure you guys can imagine... :shh:

Haha, really? I love that! :D. I also like cmb737's story about marrying a person they were in line with...awww :), and I like miss becky's story about the radio station-that reminds me of one year back when I was living in Iowa, and from pretty much the day after Thanksgiving up through to Christmas Eve, I'd call the station my dad worked at constantly to hear "Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)" :D.

:up: to the others who incorporated U2 into school work-not only was there the book report I'd mentioned earlier, but I also did an informative speech on the AIDS crisis in Africa and used part of the "Diary" show with Bono for my visual aid. Got a pretty decent grade on the project, too, so...:).

Angela

starsgoblue said:

Too many stories related to my U2 'sickness'. :wink: It's a terminal disease, it gets progressively worse.

:lol: stars, I love you! That's so awesome.

Axver, I had a similar experience to yours... at school some speaker guy was talking about some group, something about yams, I wasn't really paying attention, I was just doodling Bono on my binder... I heard the guy say "...Bono of U2..." and totally flipped out. My binder jumped out of my hands and hit my friend in the head and I started asking all around me frantically - "What about Bono?! Where?! Bono?!" My friends were not amused (well some of them were, not the one I hit in the head though! :p)

I've done tons of school projects on U2/Bono, since way back in 7th grade (do a presentation on a musical artist or group? OKAY!! :rockon: ) I'd honestly say about half of the projects I've done for art in the last year and a half have somehow involved U2.

I know I've done plenty more, can't think right now...

beatlesboy said:

For example: I purchased my first DVD player only because the Elevation Tour DVD was being released...

The same here. :D Also I bought new VHS player when I finally purchased Sydney video, because the old one couldn't read it.

ditto about the dvd player here too. In fact, to this date I only have one film on dvd (Fight club) and about 20 music discs. U2 should get commission based on the number of dvd players they have sold.

I have also inserted numerous quotes from U2 songs into presentations in both University and the workplace, my last presentation to a bunch of executive-y people on Corporate Social Responsibility being called 'For Love Or Money?'.

The wall of my own personal room is littered with U2 quotes too, printed off on A4 bits of paper, so much so that I was guilt-tripped by myself into planting a tree in 'The Coldplay Forest' (For lack of a U2 one, of course).

Last edited:
I have done nothing " weird " when it comes to U2.

I dont know any quotes or used U2 for any school thing :wink:

Well maybe the only thing that qualifies is the fact that i have had the same Achtung baby album cover poster since 1992. And the fact that i lost a girlfriend because i refused to take it off the wall when i lived with her :wink: ... But that was more out of principle than because it was U2... But even now in my current apartment, then its up there on the wall..

Ohhh, and i seem to have a problem with collecting U2 bootlegs.. I can´t get enough.

lauren430 said:

well there are definitely more people with u2 related tattoos. starsgoblue and Sicy also have the heart in the suitcase, and I know several people around here have joshua trees :wink:

ahh yes... but do they have a headache in a suitcase tattoo?

aaaand on a side note... with st. patrick's day comming up, and seeing as i have a few extra bucks... i think it might be time to be branded with my very first u2 tattoo... what to get what to get :hmm:

AtomicBono said:
... I heard the guy say "...Bono of U2..." and totally flipped out. My binder jumped out of my hands and hit my friend in the head and I started asking all around me frantically - "What about Bono?! Where?! Bono?!" My friends were not amused (well some of them were, not the one I hit in the head though! :p)
That´s great Atomic!

I have reacted the same way so many times........

starsgoblue said:

:lmao: :lmao:

That's great, that's one of the best stories I''ve ever heard. :love:

Most recently, :wink: I've not scheduled some job interviews because of something happening with U2.
But it hasn't interferred with the outcome. The only problem is something is always happening with U2, all the time..
I have 3 interviews tomorrow, which I can't work next Sat. because I have to record the R&RHOF. :dance:
Just kidding... I think :wink:

One other thing: I've noticed a sign on a building/ club, or something up the street with shuttered windows called - The Edge.
Well, that's just too much to expect of me - NOT - to check it out.
:hmm:

Last edited:
After seeing the band during the 1st leg of the ZooTV tour in Los Angeles....I decided that I had to have a hat that they were selling at the show. The only problem is that the next gig was going to be in San Diego.

I convinced my wife to drive with me to San Diego (two hours each way) to buy a U2 hat at the arena's outside merchandise stand.

I'm a freak.

I think I've worn the hat twice.

:wink: :yes: :wave: :applaud:

Oh...

I almost forgot...during the Joshua Tree tour I was working in Washington, D.C. and during a lunch break I was at a drugstore and read a little blurb in Rolling Stone (remember that little blurb?) that had the dates of where U2 was going to be on their tour. We'll it had the band playing in Philadelphia that night.

All excited about a spontaneous road trip, I left work early, got in the car and drove to Philly only to discover an empty parking lot. Rolling Stone had the date wrong...they had been there the night before. :banghead: The empty parking lot looked massive.

I think got back in car and went to Ocean City. Later, I found out that I had missed an amazing concert where Springsteen had joined them onstage.

Once again, something that just wouldn't happen in the Internet Age.

miss becky said:

You're not alone on that one. Not for Oprah, but I called in sick to work the day HTDAAB came out, and again for the pre-sale.
:shifty: I've so far had two Saturday morning "dentist appointments" and it looks like there's another one coming up this Saturday. :shifty:

I also have the bootleg collecting problem...I can't get enough! The setlists for Zoo TV are really similar but you never know what might be different about each song!

I have an irrational number of video tapes and dvd's full of U2 interviews and things.

1 - i convinced my boss to pay me a training in dublin for three days that i really didn't need. i missed then one day to hang around hanover quay, bono's house, the dockers, the bonavox store and so on.

2 - three weeks ago i spent the coldest night of the year here in portugal outside of a ticket store with another 800 nerds to get a ticket to vertigo lisbon.

3 - in 93 when zootv arrived in lisbon, i arrived to the stadium 22 hours before they opened the gates...

• Bought ATYCLB from a CD shop in Dublin and had my first listen while sitting in front of the beach in front of Bono's house.
  • Bought overpriced GA tickets over the internet on a Thursday, got in a plane on a Friday, split a hotel room with a stranger I met on interference, stood all day in GA line Saturday, got a spot in front of Edge for the most incredible show of the tour (Boston 4!), flew home Sunday.
  • After coming home from a several month stint in Europe, broke and jobless, spent my last savings to fly down to Vegas, meet the interference crowd and camp out in line with Spanisheyes.

and lastly...
  • Joined the Peace Corps and went to Africa partly because Bono is so damn inspiring.

sue4u2 said:
One other thing: I've noticed a sign on a building/ club, or something up the street with shuttered windows called - The Edge.
Well, that's just too much to expect of me - NOT - to check it out.
:hmm:

That reminds me-I remember when we were still living in Iowa, anytime we'd take a drive back to our original hometown for a visit, we'd always pass by this little town, and in that town, there was a bar, and it was called "Dublin's". Never actually went in there, but I always pointed it out to my parents and smiled when I saw it.

Also, I get a real kick out of the fact that the radio station my dad works at here in town is now called "The Edge". Their decision on that name had nothing to do with U2, but I still find it amusing nonetheless.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom