Which U2 Concert DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So my friend and I have a bet going on in Madden 2007 for the Xbox 360. my team is the dallas cowboys and he is the oakland raiders.

So if I win he has to watch a U2 DVD. Now he hates U2 alot. And if he wins I have to watch a Celine Dion Concert. Now the 3 concert DVD's I have are the Milan, go home (ireland) and chicago ones.

Which should I make him watch?

Slane, and he'll love 'em.

Whereas... he owns Celine Dion dvd's?
Might get hard. ;)

phillyfan26 said:
Milan, the Elevation Tour was U2 at its very worst.

Agreed.

Step #1 to put someone off U2 for life: show them crap from Elevation.

very easy:
"Rattle and Hum" is by fare the best DVD. Just wonderful directing and cutting.

but what then? Hamish is such an idiot - good concerts by the best live band in the band - filmed worse...:madspit:

1. Rattle and HUM

(2. Bootleg Lovetown Special Sydney
3. Boot - Buenos Aires 2006 TV broadcasting)

4. Chicago
5. Slane
6. Boston
7. ZooTV Sydney
8. Milan

the Popmart DVD could take the second place (I always loved the VHS)

Your definately taking the biggest risk should you loose! But since you risk having to watch the human/horse lady beast, i think the nearest thing to be equally cruel, whilst fulfilling the u2 forefit, would be forcing him to watch the Shitcago DVD. :wink:

MrBrau1 said:

You've never seen a Popmart show.

I have. All U2 tours kick Elevation's ass, which was mixed with Bono's voice being at its worst, a weak setlist, weak performances for many of the songs, etc.

Popmart was more inconsistent, but it had great nights. The Elevation Tour was always talked about having great emotion, which is really just a cover for their weak performances. I do enjoy their performances of Walk On and Kite, which were the only two that benefited from this "emotion," but overall it's just not a very good tour.

By the way, my official release ranks:

1. ZooTV
2. Red Rocks
3. Popmart
4. Rattle and Hum
5. Milan
6. Chicago
7. Boston
8. Slane

phillyfan26 said:

I have. All U2 tours kick Elevation's ass, which was mixed with Bono's voice being at its worst, a weak setlist, weak performances for many of the songs, etc.

Popmart was more inconsistent, but it had great nights. The Elevation Tour was always talked about having great emotion, which is really just a cover for their weak performances. I do enjoy their performances of Walk On and Kite, which were the only two that benefited from this "emotion," but overall it's just not a very good tour.

By the way, my official release ranks:

1. ZooTV
2. Red Rocks
3. Popmart
4. Rattle and Hum
5. Milan
6. Chicago
7. Boston
8. Slane

I agree with everything there except for your rank. I'd shunt ZooTV down a few spots and swap RAH and Popmart Mexico. All I really take from Elevation nowadays are great performances of The Fly and Gone. Most of the rest serves as a cure for insomnia or a way to put me off getting back into U2 again.

Back
Top Bottom