When will the album leak? Part 2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
from alan's blog

A "No Line" Leak?

Rumours are swirling that recording of the new U2 album has escaped into the wild. One of my sources suggests that someone made a covert recording at a press listening session in Berlin about two weeks ago. Somehow, the story goes, someone managed to plug directly into the audio system that was playing the album for the press.

Another story suggests that the album is available on one of those "black hat" torrent sites--the kind that require a special membership. That's a developing situation.

A leak similar to this occurred about two weeks before How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, although the leak apparently emanated from within a CD pressing plant somewhere.

Will this blow up? Or will U2 manage to contain the damage like they did last time?

js2g51.jpg

Latest from Alan on the Explore Music Website

"Rumours are swirling that recording of the new U2 album has escaped into the wild. One of my sources suggests that someone made a covert recording at a press listening session in Berlin about two weeks ago. Somehow, the story goes, someone managed to plug directly into the audio system that was playing the album for the press.

Another story suggests that the album is available on one of those "black hat" torrent sites--the kind that require a special membership. That's a developing situation.

A leak similar to this occurred about two weeks before How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, although the leak apparently emanated from within a CD pressing plant somewhere.

Will this blow up? Or will U2 manage to contain the damage like they did last time?"

The Music Geek Blog - Explore Music

A "No Line" Leak?

Rumours are swirling that recording of the new U2 album has escaped into the wild. One of my sources suggests that someone made a covert recording at a press listening session in Berlin about two weeks ago. Somehow, the story goes, someone managed to plug directly into the audio system that was playing the album for the press.

Will this blow up? Or will U2 manage to contain the damage like they did last time?

hmmm......

not to be a debbie downer, but i don't buy the story of someone plugging directly into the audio system.

i can now confidently say that we will not have a leak tonight. hey, at least we get NLOTH (song) tomorrow! :)

Latest from Alan on the Explore Music Website

"Rumours are swirling that recording of the new U2 album has escaped into the wild. One of my sources suggests that someone made a covert recording at a press listening session in Berlin about two weeks ago. Somehow, the story goes, someone managed to plug directly into the audio system that was playing the album for the press.

Will this blow up? Or will U2 manage to contain the damage like they did last time?"

The Music Geek Blog - Explore Music

They didn't contain the damage last time. It leaked, didn't it?
(Oh, yeah, the rest of the world doesn't obsessively follow U2's every move like we do, and, thus, didn't know about a leak. Never mind.)

hmmm......

Not to be a debbie downer, but i don't buy the story of someone plugging directly into the audio system.

I can now confidently say that we will not have a leak tonight. Hey, at least we get nloth (song) tomorrow! :)

Nonsense!

yeah, they made people leave all their cell phones and other electronic devices behind.

Did universal bring their own audio system to the listening party? Or did they use the audio system of the place they were holding the party at?

Did universal bring their own audio system to the listening party? Or did they use the audio system of the place they were holding the party at?

hmmm.....now that is a good question. if it's the latter, then i could maybe believe this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom