When Love Comes To Town - "Best Of" worthy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When loves comes to town Good
Gloria Brillant
Out of Control Brillant
A Sort Of Homecoming Brillant
Fire Great

I am not continueing there was a dozen at least better songs from the 80's to add, by the way i love Desire

VertigoGal said:
hell no...

why the flip isnt Gloria on there?!? I mean, I'd love to have Like a Song or One Tree Hill or Running to Stand Still on there, but those weren't singles or hits. Gloria is one of their classic songs and really deserves to be on there.

Exactly. Gloria is THE song. Nothing surpasses it. Yet it still can't even make the "best of" disc.

Also, where the hell are 11 Oclock Tick Tock and A Celebration? It's extremely difficult to obtain CD's with the studio versions of these tracks on it, and hence the average U2 fan can't go out and have a listen to these awesome songs.

Also, where the hell is Out of Control, Two Hearts Beat As One, and a greater representation from the Joshua Tree?

Let's be honest, whilst the 80's best of does have some decent tunes that are indeed worthy of being on a best of, the era really merited two discs.

Even so, the inclusion of 4 songs from Rattle & Hum, by far U2's worst album, is baffling.

A Greatest Hits Package? In some sense yes.
A Best of? Certainly Not
A showcase of 1980's U2? Certainly Not.

Not as bad as the 90's best of, obviously a rushed compilation and one that was regrettably released to early.

Back
Top Bottom