When do you think songs will start to be leaked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I mean full versions. I'm pretty sure the entire album will be leaked before the release date. Part of me wants this and part of me doesn't I think the part of me that doesn't is more prevelant.

Anyways, I bet Vertigo will be leaked in not too long. What do you think?

Vertigo will be on the Net, by at least 4 or 5 days before it goes to radio. Once the promo copies go to radio stations, there will be at least one or two who play it, there always is. And someone will record it.

As for leaks of other songs, I wouldn't expect anything until the single is out.

I'd say October, if at all.

How soon did the REM new single 'Leaving New York' get onto the net? I heard it's first 'official' airplay in the UK yesterday on BBC Radio and was wondering if fans have been able to dowload it from the net prior to radioplay.

U2DMfan said:
Vertigo will be on the Net, by at least 4 or 5 days before it goes to radio. Once the promo copies go to radio stations, there will be at least one or two who play it, there always is. And someone will record it.

As for leaks of other songs, I wouldn't expect anything until the single is out.

I'd say October, if at all.

I read they'll be sending the single as MP3 to radio stations and not regular CD.

Jim said:
How soon did the REM new single 'Leaving New York' get onto the net? I heard it's first 'official' airplay in the UK yesterday on BBC Radio and was wondering if fans have been able to dowload it from the net prior to radioplay.

REM themselves put the full song up on their website beginning of the week, so yes, fans were able to hear it on the net before radio. :)

Also, if I remember correctly, the first decent clip (actually I think it was the first clip period) we had on the 'net from ATYCLB was Beautiful Day on U2.com. So the first clip with decent sound may be from the band themselves...:yes:

U2girl said:

I read they'll be sending the single as MP3 to radio stations and not regular CD.

I am sure that is wrong. Firstly, what's the point? Sending it via MP3 INCREASES the likelihood of leaks. At least you have to rip a CD onto a computer first! Secondly, as anyone who knows their audio formats can tell you, MP3s are little short of shit. If they send it out in MP3, I will be disgusted. They could at least have the decency to use a lossless format.

oh get off your high horse. mp3s are fine. yeah, it's not CD quality but an mp3 on radio is indecipherable from a CD. you're listening to the radio, remember.

and if you think otherwise you are fooling yourself.

the point of the mp3 is so they can send it out the day of, and not sending promos out all over, which have to be done days in advance. it is simply to stop the leak before they officially want it released.

as for the album leaking, it will happen somewhere. i remember radiohead flying single copies (in hand) to record exucutives of kid a and trying to keep it from leaking and it was still out at least a month before the official release.

innocent_eyes said:
how early was beautiful day clip posted on their site?

If I remember correctly it was right around this time four years ago...actually August 20th rings a bell with me in that regard, so maybe even four years to the day (well yesterday now).

Hmm, just looked at another site, and see that August 20th was the day they announced full details of ATYCLB, so I'm probably not far off. If going by the same timetable (ATYCLB plus 3 weeks), the week of September 13th may be the week the information dam really bursts... :hyper:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
The leak of the full album won't happen until mid November. U2 runs a tight ship my friends.

The ship might be tight,.... but Bono is on that ship and he is putting copies of the cd on little life boats and setting them free.

;) and yes I am joking before anyone gets all wound up.

Back
Top Bottom