What would you say to Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Back in May I told him thanks for the tour and that I was really excited about it.

He said that they were happy it worked out since it almost didn't happen and that he was glad I was excited about it.

I have to admit I never thought about what I'd say if I did meet him. Maybe I'm not as :reject: as I thought. :happy:

I was just glad I wasn't like some of the women there at the time practically about to faint yet screaming "BONO" at the same time. :laugh:

"You're my hero- you changed my life for the better!
Thank you!!!!"

I would try my best not to say anything stupid.
I would try to get a hug
OH yeah I would not mind getting Adam's number:drool:

I have never known what I would do. I would just tell him thanks for making me appriciate music and life so much more.

One night after I had seen them on the Elevation tour in Toronto, I had a dream, and I was going through such a rough time then, I had a dream and all the guys from the band were there, and I had an amazing fun time with them(no I don't remember what we did) and lots of other people that I had lost touch with over the years came there too into the dream. I woke up the next day and felt so so amazing.....

I then had another dream after the Vertigo tour about if I met Bono again, but I froze, teared up and woke up in a tad of a panic....

But every time, him or any member of the band came around the tip of the elipse, I couldn't stop smiling when they played here again...I don't get starstruck, but it was like I got to see my heroes up close do what they do best...inspire me...

PowerSurge said:
I'd say..."Hey Bono!...there's something I've waited my whole life to tell you.........I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by swi....."

omg:lmao:

A couple months ago we were in Boston for a U2 show....I was thinking what I would say to him if I ran into him...well we did:| ....I remember waving back to him...going like this:eek: :shocked: ....and totally spacing...I think the only words to come out of my mouth were "...uh....um...yeah....ugh...eh..er...??....":huh:

:lmao: I was so smooth and cool!

The first time I met him I was a teenager and it was during JT tour and since they weren't my fave band then - even though I liked their music - it really wasn't a big encounter to me. The second time I met him was 2001 and it was the usual hand shake but all I could do was stare :faint:

I actually met Bono and Edge outside their hotel in Copenhagen at the end of July and I said "Please try and make it to Finland next time!" and he replied:ohmy: "Yeah, it was bad that we didn't make it there this time!" You could knocked me down with a feather I was that shocked he even heard me, let alone respond to my plea!:eeklaugh: And here's a photo to prove it...

Bono_hotel6.jpg

If you want to see more of my photos check out my threads on Pleba.:wink:

i would say to him
buenos dias Senor Boner!
its nice that your little band is coming to chile in 2006.
muchos gracias Senor Boner!

IT IS JUST TOO CLEAR.....

WE WANT TO HEAR MOFO, DIRTY DAY, PLEASE, MERCY & BAD

(Preferably in Charlotte!!)

Nube Gris said:
watch out your beer addiction, it hurts your vocal cords, A LOT....more than any other drink

Is this true? Damn, no wonder I can't sing worth shit.

I'd probably sound like Chris Farley if I had a conversation with anyone in the band.

Me: remember that time, during Zootv when you pushed that camera down towards your crotch like you were going to make it give you head?
Bono: uh, yeah.
Me: remember that?
Bono: yes.
Me: ya remember?
Me: that was awesome!

OnFire said:

I'd probably sound like Chris Farley if I had a conversation with anyone in the band.

Me: remember that time, during Zootv when you pushed that camera down towards your crotch like you were going to make it give you head?

:lmao:

Wow so I posted in this thread like a year ago, and now I have a chance at actually meeting Bono, maybe...and I still don't know what I'll say :lol: I actually really wanna ask him if Mercy's ever gonna show up on an album and if they'll ever play it live. and I might kindly remind him that Pop is the best album ever and they should quite neglecting it :wink:

OnFire said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:up:

OnFire said:

Is this true? Damn, no wonder I can't sing worth shit.

now that's funny!

I would tell him I think Pop was so smart, I loved it!

Back
Top Bottom