what would you say?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd probably ask about the inspiration for some songs off of AB and Zooropa... things of that nature.

Edit to say -> I'm aware of the popular theories, and quotes from the band at the time.. but "Acrobat" particulary interests me.

I'll probably come up with something that has nothing to do with anything........ as in:

If you could play any positions in football (Soccer) which one would it be and why?

The inspiration questions sound awesome though!

I'd get close to Bono, and nudge his arm and ask,
"How does it feel?"
and he'd be all confused, "What?"
"Being so sexy?"

:lol:

Then he'd get up, and walk out the door, muttering obscenities.

I'd probably be a blubbering idiot, but I would WANT to say something cool in the nature of "Thanks for the music," and then tell them what their songs have meant to me.

I'd ask them to break out their instruments and play.

I mean, come on.

Hello,

I think the only thing I could blurt out would be "Thank you!"

And that's enough for me. :)

C ya!

Marty

Me: So guys, how's the new album coming along?

Adam: Really good, I think it's going to be ....

Bono: (cutting Adam off, for fear that he might reveal too much) It's going to be like chopping down the Joshua Tree.

Me: But don't you always say that?

Bono: It's a big Joshua Tree. It'll take lots of men with lots of axes to chop it down. So far it's only been the four of us.

Me: Just admit it. You have no idea what is going on.

Edge: Well he would if he were ever in the bloody studio!!

Bono: But Edge, I've got meetings with Oprah and George Bush!

Me: Hurry up and get it recorded. The music world is in terrible shape, and you'll once be needed again to kick it's arse in gear.

Adam: That's what I tried telling him. But have you heard of this new band called the Stinkboys?? They're alright.

Me: No, I haven't......anyway, how much work is left to do on the new album.

Edge: Well, we already picked the 12 songs for the album without Bono's help. We just need him to sing.

(So, over the next 12 hours, Bono accomplishes what he spent the past year avoiding.)

Adam: How can we ever thank you for helping us get our record out in time for those Christmas sales? Those really help.

Me: Can you guys come to Cincinnati on your next tour, please? You haven't played there since 1981. Everybody else plays there.

Edge: Ummm......we still have our dignity.....

So I went home after that. Those jerks.

I would ask Adam about his house...I read he has some great artwork.

I would ask Edge and Larry about their families. I've also been curious to know if Edge actually has a set amount of time each day he has to practice guitar, or is it completely natural?

I would talk to Bono about AIDS, debt relief, foreign policy....swap info and some good readings. I'd like to hear him address these issues in more detail, since though his expure to the media is huge, it comes in little chunks of time and he often has to explain the same basic concepts over and over for the sake of simply getting the message out. Sure, he's a musician not a politician, but it would be amazing to hear about some of the people he's worked with, people I'll probably never have the chance to meet.

When I finally figure out how to speak again, I would probably ask a whole heap of questions (that I'll later think are very embarrassing and wonder why I asked them in the first place), ask some questions that are a bit more intelligent, and then ask Edge if he could teach me to play guitar like he does! Or at least teach me to play reasonably well ...

I'd swap sarong info with Adam

and tell them to visit AngelaHarlem when on tour in Australia to try some beetroot

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to speak. I was a huge Kiss fan growing up (leave it alone...I was young and stupid) and all I wanted in the world was to meet Gene Simmons and thank him for Kiss. When I finally met him (and Paul Stanley), all I could do was stare at him :eek: I was so nervous I thought I was going to pass out. I didn't say a single word. He signed my poster, asked me if I was ok (I just shook my head yes) and that was it.

My love for U2 is far greater than what I had for Kiss so I'm pretty sure if I ever met U2 I'd do the same, but this time I think I'd probably pass out for sure :faint:

Back
Top Bottom