What other POP song would you have chosen for the Vertigo Tour????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The_acrobat said:

Velvet Dress- Absolutely never again.

:lol: I guess the band disagreed at some point. They were rehearsing it on Vertigo. They were looking at doing the Popmart encore.

Discotheque
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
With Or Without You

It was a different version of the song though from what I have heard about it. More of Edge's chimming guitar on it versus how they performed it on Popmart. Would have been interesting but when Disco got nixed so did this idea unfortunately.

The Disciple said:
Where did Bono say "Please" was hard 2 sing?

He meant emotionally, because the lyrics bear a striking resemblance to 9/11. He said this in "U2 by U2."

Considering the Popmart version of Please is one of the three greatest things U2 has ever done ... it should've been brought back. That would have kicked the ass of Vertigo SBS and Vertigo BTBS. I mean it wouldn't have even been a contest.

Mofo and Gone should definitely have been in there too.

Discotheque- (...) I'm sure they will play this song again, but it will never be a regular feature.

How can you be sure?

Do you feel loved- Not a good live song... doesn't translate. They realized that after 6 shows. This will NEVER be played again.

How can you predict it? Who'd guess they'd play "The Ocean" again? And who says DYFL is bad live? Imagine it with another rearrangement...

Mofo- This will be played again someday, I absolutely guarantee it.

You guarantee it, yeah, you're from U2's team.

IGWSHA- They didn't have time to do that on Popmart

WTF?

SATS- Surely we'll see the acoustic version again. But if they would just try, they could pull off the full band version. But they won't try, and they like the acoustic version, so that's all we're gonna get.

WGRYWH and Walk On on both electric and acoustic versions on Vertigo Tour... remember?

LNOE- Edge said they don't play this song anymore because it's not up there with New years day or Sunday bloody sunday. Never be played again.

Please- Bono says this song is impossible to sing. And while I'm sure they will play it again, it will never be a regular, or even semi-regular.

Miami- Perhaps a snippet IN Miami, but otherwise never again.

Velvet Dress- Absolutely never again.

Where did you read that? Did they tell you it on the phone?

Playboy Mansion- Never played before, and never will be.

"The First Time" never played... until Vertigo Tour, remember?

Realistically,
Staring At The Sun, Gone or Please

Staring At The Sun rotating with ISHFWILF, The First Time or something

I'm not sure where Gone or Please would have fitted in, but it would be nice to see them.

Gone would probably fit nicely before/after SYCMIOYO, and I'm sure that they could've found a way to go LAPOE -> Please -> SBS -> BTBS or something. Better yet, LAPOE -> SBS -> BTBS -> Please.

I'd love to see Velvet Dress played again. Or Gone. Or Please. Or... well, the whole album really.

Back
Top Bottom