What are your personal favorite U2 music videos so far and why ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pride-my first ever visual experience of u2
one-buffalo version.very smiple very emotional.also berlin version is very good
discotheque-becouse it's very 'un-u2'
beautiful day-great video.escpecially scenes shot at the airport
where the streets have no name-one can really feel they were the hottest ticket in 1987

New Years Day - great video for its era
The Unforgettable Fire - great visuals
All I want is you - beautiful cinematic video
EBTTR - just lve the look of that video with the spinning
One - Buffalo and Berlin versions, the Bar version is good but it was made to be more commercially friendly. Still nicely filmed.
Numb - amazing video made in no time for almost no money. Oh and if you haven't read U2 at The End of the World go out and find a copy now. Edge's contributiontot he video: "Edge gets kissed by beautiful women" band's contribution: "Edge gets punched in the face" :D
Stay: Besutiful video, love the ending as well
Lemon: great weird video
HMTKMKM: one of my favourite videos for one of my favourite songs. A peak U2 moment.
Discoteque: A risky breaking out move that did cost them but a well done hihg budget video

For me it's definately Lemon.

When I first heard this song and song the video, all I could think about was that it was so weird and silly.

But after learning the meaning behind the song, and multiple listens/watches, I have new thoughts: searching, desperate, emotional.

Lemon is now my favorite U2 video, and one of my favorite U2 songs.

Other notables to me are:

Numb
Stay
Electrical Storm
If God Will Send His Angels
Beautiful Day

My personal favorite videos:

ISHFWILF-first introduction video wise to the band
WOWY-secured me as a fan forever
STAY- just beautiful
DESIRE- awesome
STREETS- great idea for a video
AIWIY- simply amazing

yertle-the-turtle said:
Streets

for the people dancing

ROFL yes that was an awesome. The band ended up playing Streets 4/5 times. Their setlist was cool too.

My all time Fav vid, though, was HMTMKMKM. I love it. Especially McPhisto's car!

Lemon - my favourite U2 video. I like the "captions" concept and Bono's performance as MacPhisto is incredible. I agree with the director's commentary - it's probably the only video where he managed to disappear completely into someone else.

Numb - simple and hugely entertaining.

Beautiful Day - I'm not really sure what it is exactly I like about this video, except the feeling that it somehow fits the song perfectly.

Streets - great energy, pity about the 80s fashions though, :)

Stay - beautifully shot, this one.

The Sweetest Thing - sweet and funny, with a very engaging Bono.

My all time fave is Please, love the concept of the video, the black & white photography, the emotion we can see in Bono?s face, love everything about that video.

MT

I forgot completely... Please! Today I saw it with a friend and it's possibly, together with Stay, the best U2 video

hold me
discotheque minus village people thing
new years day

i don't have a clue why so many people like 'beautiful day', its like the ad of air france. in 'please', the black and white is great, but bono is a bit wooden.

btw, is there another version for 'street' other than the one in million dollar hotel?

if god would send his angels -

the colors!
the acting!
one simple idea,
one great video!

take a look at it once more :wink:

Back
Top Bottom