What Are You Hoping For From The Vertigo Video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm starting to like the idea with the black-on-white spiral behind the band while performing... (it was on some other thread) :eyebrow:

Michael Gonrdy directed a video for the song 'Let Forever Be' by the Chemical Brothers a few years back. its a sweet sweet video where one object or person morphs into five or six and the whole setting changes. he also directed the white stripes 'the hardest button to button' and that 'aroudn the world 'song by daft punk that gets played in clubs occassionally. I REALLY LIKE HIS WORK and i think it would be perfect for a title such as "Vertigo"

A hot model would be nice. Maybe a whole row of them. And the band could do their disco moves around them too. Whoever directs this should keep it B/W or mix both. Wim's video is the greatest (Stay).

U2 have never really been known for their videos...they've had a lot of pretty crappy ones. So I just hope it isn't a band performance video, and that's enough for me. I'll leave the artsy stuff to my other bands.

I really liked the European version of Stuck In A Moment. I thought it was really great. Something like the Beautiful Day video would be cool too.

I don't know. I don't really care a whole lot. I like the Elevation and Staring At the Sun videos alot. It's not wrong to have some cool special effects (as long as they're not mixing movie scenes in it... ew). I kinda think the videos of the band members just sitting around playing is kinda boring. It's nice for a few shots, but not for 4 1/2 minutes!

I wouldnt mind a band performance video, but something like "beautiful day" would be perfect. Nothing to over the top, or something like "The Sweetest Thing". The video is hilarious. But if they go for the big budget theme, I suggest they go back to the Achtung era with the whole supermodel thing, and redo the "ES" video but this time with Naomi campbell as the mermaid...wow, that would be great...

You people are a bunch of boring bums! You actually WANT a black-and-white performance video?! And the football "Stuck in a Moment" video was funny! Lighten up, will you?

I, for one, hope they don't get into the aging-rockers-making-out-with-young-actresses routine. That would be shallow and pathetic. Once was enough. Besides, that's what other bands do because that's the only way they can get attention.

The LISBON video will bring Bono dressing a blue suit, wearing purple sunglasses... with an awful hair.

Is that how you want your favorite rock star to look?

:tsk:

people its gonna be like elevation, which in my opinion, is the best video ever for U2. Normally I wouldn't be sold out to all bells and whistles and special effects, but u gotta admit, the Elevation video was pretty damn cool, and I hope U2 do something along the lines of it. U2 won't do something tame and boring like a black and white video! Are u all mad?! They are meant to be exciting so youth can appeal to them, not looking like they're in their 70's and approaching retirement. Geez. Especially for a first single, DEFINATELY not ANYTHING along the lines of electrical storm.

I didn't like the Elevation video either, some kids will look at it and go "those guys are trying to be cool with the tie in to the movie". I liked vids like Streets, WOWY, Stay (really good) but not Elevation and Stuck (american version)

I love all the videos especially Streets, Stay, UF and Elevation. I don't understand what people don't like about it? It ties in with the tomb raider story and U2 perform great in the video.
And why don't most people like elevation altogether? It's probably the best show opener they've had especially with the influx remix which rocks. Elevation is one of the main song which got me into U2 in the first place. I love it! What don't u guys like about it and the video?

Elevation is an awesome video. I hate how everyone always thinks OMGzorz n0 special eff3cts!!! THEy're seallIng out!!!one11. Please... they're's nothing wrong blowing people's minds. Isn't that what all bands strive for? If they have the money why shouldn't they do it through some awesome effects? It's Vertigo people. VERTIGO! Wouldn't it make sense if the video was somewhat vertigo-inducing? They're not gonna play loud, fast rock while sitting on fold-up chairs in a studio in black and white.

Agree with the Elevation video dissers. That bit where Edge says something to Lara Croft about "having her key back" or whatever. Just horribly cringeworthy.

The Elevation promo video for the Boston 2001 DVD was in contrairy great...
I hope it 'll contain liveclips and some studioclips aswell

No idea, as I've no idea what the whole song is on about, what it sounds like, what the lyrics are and i don't think anyone else does either.

Well the clip should give you a huge hint, after u listen to it about 540 times, you filter out all the talking\waves and you can hear it all very well. The clip will be something zainy and exctasy-like with a similar presentation like elevation IMO.

The Elevation video woulda been good if it wasn't tied in with that dumb movie... I like Bono's "frozeness" bits, but the parts with Edge and Angelina=bleh and the Evil Bono stuff was so not developed and that had potential!

I think the best video's U2 ever did were during the Pop era, Please, Discotheque, Last Night On Earth and If God Will Send His Angels are their best visual pieces of work. I'm still finding things in the IGWSHA video. The split screen was a stroke of brilliance, a video I keeping going back to see what I missed the last time.

I would like to see something as clever as that, I know with this rumoured buget of 10 mill on promo work suggests they'll go for something big, but that 10 mill may include all the video shoots not just the first one, technically all their videos are still promotion for the record. I just don't want the video to be over produced like Elevation, I hope they never hire Josph Kahn again, all the video's I have seen of his have always been poor.

Still, that is just my humble opinion.

Oh, and did anyone else pick up on the U2.com announcement which said the dvd would contain the "Vertigo - HQ video"...I was wondering if HQ stood for Hanover Quay, ie a performance video at their studio?

Back
Top Bottom