Wedding Reception U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No marriage on the horizon fo me in the near future (I don't need pity) so I suggest you use Slow Dancing, the Willie Nelson version.

RickFly said:
i am getting married, what u2 songs should i play at the reception? if it was up to me i would play nothing but u2, but that unfortunaltey wont be possible.:wink:

My friend got married last May. They walked down the aisle while a pianist was playing his own arrangement of All I Want Is You. It was really good. Before that, I had to burn him a cd with all instrumental and cover versions of All I Want Is You that was used as reference for the pianist to make his arrangement. All I Want Is You is truly a wedding song. It rings with some permanence in it.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

awesome!!!

i always thought of her walking down the isle to miss sarajevo. dont ask why, i love the orchestration, bono's vocals with pavoratties, "here she comes heads turn around"

MYSTERIOUS WAYS

Wild honey

Trip through your wires

(covers ok? Everlasting love/Unchained melody/Can't help falling in love any options?)

Congratulations!

I think ya should dance to "In A Little While", U2 best "love" song. The only problem w/ the typical U2 "love" song, it they are kinda bitter most of the time, WOWY, AIWIY, One. There's ache in those tunes as well.

RickFly said:
any other u2 songs or songs by other artists that would be good?

Entre Nous by Rush. The lyrics are really cool. It's an intellectual lovesong if there is such a thing.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Grow Old With Me - John Lennon
Feels Like Home - either versions by Bonnie Raitt or Chantal Kreviazuk (er...spelling on thata one?)
To Make You Feel My Love - Bob Dylan (although, I don't think there's a recording of him singing it)

And I second In A Little While. :yes:

We played as we entered the hall "Stuck in a Moment You Can't get Out of" and got a great reception... I wanted to definetly do a U2 song but wanted to pick something that was less "cliched"... it worked out great.

We also played Pride while we were dancing...

Yea, we had One as our wedding song. The lyrics don't really make sense for a wedding, but it was the timing of the song.
it was 1992 and One was THE song at the moment and my husband to be and I had seen ZooTV about 3 times that year so it was just fitting for that to be played at our wedding. Our wedding rings were inscribed with "one" and the date also!

Back
Top Bottom