Was that James Iha on "People Get Ready"??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*Ally*

New Yorker
hey guys-

according to a reviewer on U2tours.com, the person pulled up for "People Get Ready" at the 10/15 Chicago show was James Iha, the guitarist from Smashing Pumpkins. This seems a little far-fetched... Could this really be true, or is that reviewer just confused? if anyone was there, please post your opinion!!
smile.gif

Thanks!

PS- I'm *really* upset about the disappearance of both "Mysterious Ways" and "The Fly"...

It was Arun V from this very board. Check the 5.789 threads about it in this forum.

wink.gif

My guess is *Ally* will reply with: "silly, DrTeeth! i'm talking about the Chicago show that happened last night, not the Hamilton show that Arun played at. i'm clueless, but not *that* clueless!"

[This message has been edited by DrTeeth (edited 10-16-2001).]

silly, DrTeeth! i'm talking about the Chicago show that happened last night, not the Hamilton show that Arun played at. i'm clueless, but not *that* clueless!
wink.gif

Originally posted by *Ally*:
grrrrr... for the first time, i have become a victim of one of Dr.Teeth's head games!!!

*fumes*

We should all be so lucky...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know that half of it...

no, it wasn't ACTUALLY him. bono was just trying to come up with some lyrics, so he sang something to the effect of..."hey, haven't i seen you before, you're the guitarist from smashing pumpkins"
he did kind of look like him...but it wasn't
after the song, bono was so cute, he said how it was really hard to think of something that rhymed with pumpkins. lol
gotta love that man

I heard it was james iha...bono said.. i hope it was..cos then...I'm in good company.

well, the guy who posted on u2tours.com said that it definitely was james iha- he said sources who worked for the arena had confirmed this. i'm not sure... does anyone have any photos??

Originally posted by *Ally*:
well, the guy who posted on u2tours.com said that it definitely was james iha- he said sources who worked for the arena had confirmed this. i'm not sure... does anyone have any photos??

It was most definitely NOT James Iha. Trust me I was there. Bono was just trying to come up with something to say and since the guy "looked" like James he said that line about SP. It was NOT James Iha.

aaron

this is what somebody else posted at u2tours.com:

spontaneity by inviting an eager guitarist to accompany them on ?People Get Ready? (Great job, Louis!),

so maybe it was some Louis guy?

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

ah, it must have been someone named louis. thanks for clearing that up, guys- i thought it sounded to good to be true! (how amazing would that have been, though???)

I was there, against the railing, and it was NOT him...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

It wasn't James...I was actually standing next to "Louis" inside the Heart when Bono walked over to read his sign that he had made. His sign was in reference to his ability to acually play "PGR" and Bono initially told him that his sign was "mean". (I'm assuming this was in regards to the Hamilton performance.) Anyway, a security guard walked over, asked him if he could really play it because Bono would ask him up on the ramp. Low and Behold, he rocked! Took the 6 string and rocked. Bono brought him back to the heart where his "girlfriend" and my wife helped him back over the railing. I then reached up with my camera and asked Bono to take a picture of us. He grabbed the camera, took the picture, shook my hand and handed the camera back. Cooooooool! Unfortunately as with every other picture I've tried to take at the 7 shows I've seen on this tour...the damn thing didn't turn out! What am I doing wrong? It would have been the best frickin picture ever, but...well, have to see if I can make it happen again tonight.

Anyway, the James Iha reference was only a reference!

Originally posted by Chicagofan:
I then reached up with my camera and asked Bono to take a picture of us. He grabbed the camera, took the picture, shook my hand and handed the camera back. Cooooooool! Unfortunately as with every other picture I've tried to take at the 7 shows I've seen on this tour...the damn thing didn't turn out! What am I doing wrong? It would have been the best frickin picture ever, but...well, have to see if I can make it happen again tonight.

LOL! i can't believe Bono actually took a photo of you guys! that's awesome... too bad it didn't turn out, but at least you have the memory.
smile.gif

James Iha?! LOL...

I was there too. NO, it wasn't him! This kid was too young and didn't look a thing like him. Bono was being flippant, but, aside from the lucky bloke on stage, it appears that many missed the joke.

It would have been cool, but I doubt he would have been in GA without being mobbed by rabid Pumpkins fans. I mean, it would be like Bono in GA at a different band's concert in Ireland. It's just not going to happen, because of obvious problems of security.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

yesh, he looked nothing like James Iha...I saw him in Chicago during Ladyfest Midwest in August...he's a cutie...lol.

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's Drumstick!

Still Elevated...

it was billy corgan, couldn't you tell by the hair?

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Back
Top Bottom