War2 - Please Rubin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
So, I've been reading all the quotes that we have so far in this process (RR's quote about not U2, but U2, the edge's quote, and larry and bono's quotes) and I am quietly starting to hope that the band is going to write War2. I would love to see another album with that sort of energy and roughness.

I'd be a happy man.

Do you really think they have it in them to write high energy rebel songs such as Like A Song and SBS??? As much as I would love it, I highly doubt it's gonna happen. :huh:

Zootlesque said:
Do you really think they have it in them to write high energy rebel songs such as Like A Song and SBS??? As much as I would love it, I highly doubt it's gonna happen. :huh:

Lyrically, Crumbs gives me hope.

I would love to see them take that sort of energy and emotion and build the song to match it. Crumbs could have been great...

People beg for a new fresh album and instead you want something u2 have already done ? ......

Dalton said:

Right. Because the first thing that pops into most people's mind when they listen to ATYCLB is War.

Good thoughts. Got anymore?

They are all old ground, u2 aint pushing boundaries with a album similar to war so why not do another easy going album ?

So, then you're of the camp that says HTDAAB is ATYCLB Part 2?!

sure its similar , it doesn't push any new boundaries does it ?

vaz02 said:

They are all old ground, u2 aint pushing boundaries with a album similar to war so why not do another easy going album ?

So you want U2 to do a polka or rap album? Perhaps a numetal album?

Or how about this, U2 do something that they haven't done since 1985 and release an aggressive, fast tempoed, straight rock album.

You see Wordsworth, I don't believe one needs to reinvent the wheel to create good art.

Dalton said:

So you want U2 to do a polka or rap album? Perhaps a numetal album?

Or how about this, U2 do something that they haven't done since 1985 and release an aggressive, fast tempoed, straight rock album.

You see Wordsworth, I don't believe one needs to reinvent the wheel to create good art.

I want u2 to embrace change again and be ahead of the game again if that means dipping into a Opera rock , glam rock or a rap album im sure u2 would add there touch to it.

Does pop and zooropa sound like a dance album ? cos thats wot it was supposed to be.

vaz02 said:

I want u2 to embrace change again and be ahead of the game again if that means dipping into a Opera rock , glam rock or a rap album im sure u2 would add there touch to it.

Does pop and zooropa sound like a dance album ? cos thats wot it was supposed to be.

So it would be fine by you if U2 borrowed from an already established style of music (opera, rap, dance, etc.) if they put their own spin on it, but it wouldn't be alright with you if they chose to borrow from their own established style and put their up to date spin on it?

Dalton said:

So it would be fine by you if U2 borrowed from an already established style of music (opera, rap, dance, etc.) if they put their own spin on it, but it wouldn't be alright with you if they chose to borrow from their own established style and put their up to date spin on it?

Now you are catching on, you think u2 created rebel music ?

vaz02 said:

Now you are catching on, you think u2 created rebel music ?

No, but the quality of your argument is going downhill rapidly with its inconsistency.

If U2 put out a highly produced, dull, 'change of pace' album, you would be happier than if they put out a raw, passionate album that happened to draw on styles they have used before?

vaz02 said:

Pop and Zooropa are not dance albums! They borrow from that genre in small doses and that's about it. They're both unmistakably U2. And so is every album in their discography!

Dalton said:

No, but the quality of your argument is going downhill rapidly with its inconsistency.

If U2 put out a highly produced, dull, 'change of pace' album, you would be happier than if they put out a raw, passionate album that happened to draw on styles they have used before?

You argument is full of what if's. I'd respect u2 more if they gave us something new and envolved as aritsts instead of going back into their catolgue trying to produce another sunday bloody sunday or refugee.

Btw this is not a argument , mearly a discussion.

Zootlesque said:

Pop and Zooropa are not dance albums! They borrow from that genre in small doses and that's about it. They're both unmistakably U2. And so is every album in their discography!

Edge and Bono both intended them to be dance related albums reflecting the European dance scene, i remember that from some article or interview.

vaz02 said:

You argument is full of what if's. I'd respect u2 more if they gave us something new and envolved as aritsts instead of going back into their catolgue trying to produce another sunday bloody sunday or refugee.

Btw this is not a argument , mearly a discussion.

"Evolution" is merely a buzz word for teenage hippsters who don't understand the word 'craft'.

Dalton said:

"Evolution" is merely a buzz word for teenage hippsters who don't understand the word 'craft'.

'warcraft ' ? love that game. Who uses that word ' Hippsters' these days anyway ?.

The question is would you want U2 to do a hip hop styled nu-metal album or a total throwback to the 80s complete with Edge's signature chimes that provides nothing new? I want neither. :|

How about a instrumental album ? that be cool. A instrumental album under a different name like passengers 2.

vaz02 said:

'warcraft ' ? love that game. Who uses that word ' Hippsters' these days anyway ?.

See son, what you need to understand (and you will...) is that 'new' doesn't equal good.

Remember if U2 tried to reinvent themselves after every album there wouldn't be any Sunday Bloody Sunday's, New Years Day's, Where the Streets have no name, WOWY, or Stay.

I'm all for change. My favorite U2 albums are their biggest leaps from previous albums. But I don't see how U2 pimping themselves out to young fans like you who 'need' change is any different than them pimping themselves out to older fans who want their U2 back.

I just want the band to put out a GREAT album.

Dalton said:

See son, what you need to understand (and you will...) is that 'new' doesn't equal good.

Remember if U2 tried to reinvent themselves after every album there wouldn't be any Sunday Bloody Sunday's, New Years Day's, Where the Streets have no name, WOWY, or Stay.

I'm all for change. My favorite U2 albums are their biggest leaps from previous albums. But I don't see how U2 pimping themselves out to young fans like you who 'need' change is any different than them pimping themselves out to older fans who want their U2 back.

I just want the band to put out a GREAT album.

Excuse me are you saying you are a better u2 fan than me because im younger ? and my argument was going downhill ? shame on you. Do you know wot music i even listen too ?

u2 has always been about going forward and not looking back well minus the recent album.

vaz02 said:

Excuse me are you saying you are a better u2 fan than me because im younger ? and my argument was going downhill ? shame on you. Do you know wot music i even listen too ?

u2 has always been about going forward and not looking back well minus the recent album.

Did I say that I was a better U2 fan than you? I don't care what music you listen to. I'm pretty direct, when I think that I am better than you, I will let you know.

U2 has not always been about going forward. You could argue very strongly that the JT and RH albums are steps back as far as inovation goes. Of course they are a step forward as far as craft.

vaz02 said:

Edge and Bono both intended them to be dance related albums reflecting the European dance scene, i remember that from some article or interview.

Actually, that was a misquote of Bono by a bad reporter. I forget which album it was---Pop or AB---but some dumb reporter asked Bono what the next album was going to be like. Bono replied, "It's a dense album." The reporter thought that he had said, "dance album" and subsequently spread the word that U2 were putting out a dance album! :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom