War2 - Please Rubin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with most of what Dalton said, and I'm a firm believer that War is their freshest and best album to date, but hey that's me, maybe I'm just old school, I don't know. However, when you said that most people think of War when ATYCLB is played, I felt like punching the nearest guy in the face, the two are hardly comparable.

With that being said, I'd love to see the guys go back to that pure aggressive rock, but at their age, I'm sure they're more interested in writing timeless anthems than sticking it to the man. Tis' a shame.

The Edge really did sound 'on fire' in last nights performance, but with the song being a cover, it wasn't that creative. I wonder if he'll have that sort of sound on the next album...since it seems to fit w/ some of Rubin's raw-guitar idealisms...It's going to be really interesting to see where U2 takes their sound next, and to see how much they break away from their most recent styles.

I have a feeling that what I'm about to say won't be very popular but i hope they go sort of the route of ATYCLB in terms of raw emotion--they weren't trying to be cool and rockin, but they were in not trying. To me that album is effortless. THe album has been accused of being too soft but you know what I think--the world needs a "love" album every now and then. And to counter another argument that ATYCLB was too radio friendly---were there any other songs on the radio about beautiful days? No, they took a risk. HTDAAB seemed too forced to me, though it has some very beautiful songs.

It looks like U2 is going to go with Rubin for the whole album, eh. I found this on @U2.com:

And U2 will continue working on their new record, the follow-up to 2004's How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, with Rubin. There is no clear date for the album's release.

"We've been doing a lot of work with Rick, and at this point, it seems to be going very well, so my guess would be yes, he's going to be producing our new record," Edge said. "We're still in the early stages, so it's difficult to say what will happen or what it will be like, but we've really been enjoying the sessions, and I don't see any reason why they should stop."

(c) MTV, 2006.

Back
Top Bottom