Vertigo in Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave:

They just played it at 4:30 today apparently.

Are you in Chicago? Are you coming to see Elevation at the Cubby Bear tomorrow night?

Whoa you were? My friend and I have been looking for pictures of us at the Chicago shows since 2001! Did you happen to take any?

U2One said:
im in chicago, live in lincoln park.....might be at the cubby bear tomorrow

You should. :D Have you ever seen them before? They put on a GREAT show. Word has it that they're already learning 'Vertigo.'

Hope to see you there! :wave:

im gonna be at cubby bear tomorrow night too. im hoping to meet some of the people from the yahoo u2midwest group. i just joined it a few weeks ago. should be a good time.

btw, anyone have parking tips around cubby bear?

Mofo! I'm J on Midwest :wave: I'll see you tomorrow! Cubby Bear has a lot next door and if you go right around the corner there's a pay lot, it's like $10 or something. I always park there. It's a safe spot. hehe.

im just north of homewood, east hazel crest to be exact. its basically a straight shot on the university park line that ends at randolph. ill be poppin in bout 8 at cubby bear...thanks for the parking tip. should i get there any earlier than 8 to get a spot there?

Last edited:
Hey I plan to see Elevation tomorrow... when do they actually come on though? Isn't there some other opening band?

Look for the guy in the red soccer jersey with the "vodafone" logo. :)

Any other stations playing Vertigo besides XRT? Just curious as to how much airplay it's going to get here. Haven't heard it anywhere yet....

I'm in Thornton by the way, just off I-80 near Halsted. :drool:

Last edited:
speaking of lemon, im hoping there will be a strange epic-type song thats so different than anything else ever done, along the lines of Lemon, on 'atomic bomb'. what a great song...you made my day lemon lover

If there is an opening act it will be the Police Tribute band Driven To Tears that two of the guys of Elevation are in. They're really good. I'd reccomend getting there at 10 or before, the place does fill up. :D

Mofo, I think you're a bit more south than I am, lol. I'm in the southwest of Chicago. hehe. But I'll see you at the Cubby Bear! You too (heh) Foxxern! :wave:

Ugh, not gonna be able to make it tonight after all... I'll try to catch them in a few weeks in Naperville (its closer to me anyways).

Oh well, hope you all have a good time!

XRT has been playing Vertigo constantly! :lol:

Awwww :(

Well hope to meet you at one of the Elevation shows soon! :wave:

Lol they have, it's great! They even plugged tonight's show at the Cubby Bear and said Elevation knows Vertigo. :lol:

Edgette said:
And sorry, yes that was an AWESOME show. Which one (s) were you at? I went to all 6 in Chicago.

Yeah. I went to the one on October 16th. I had about 8th row seats on Edge's side of the stage. Totally awesome seats. I have about a CD and a half worth of shots, and a couple really good ones. I can get them to you somehow if you want me to!

Lemon Lover said:
Any other stations playing Vertigo besides XRT? Just curious as to how much airplay it's going to get here. Haven't heard it anywhere yet....

I'm in Thornton by the way, just off I-80 near Halsted. :drool:

Hey Lemon Lover!

No, I haven't heard it anywhere else. I think it might be too hard for the Mix, as they are kind of getting lame in their ways.

But I can let you know as soon as I hear it anywhere else! It's basically just fresh out of the studio and XRT has kind of always been the ones to broadcast that sort of thing. In a couple more weeks, I'm sure more people will start playing it, like the Loop.

Edgette said:
If there is an opening act it will be the Police Tribute band Driven To Tears that two of the guys of Elevation are in. They're really good. I'd reccomend getting there at 10 or before, the place does fill up. :D

Mofo, I think you're a bit more south than I am, lol. I'm in the southwest of Chicago. hehe. But I'll see you at the Cubby Bear! You too (heh) Foxxern! :wave:

Oh you're kidding. A Police and a U2 tribute band all in one night? :drool:

Let me know how it goes!

Edgette said:
GUH! They actually played Vertigo.

Ah geez, I so wish I had been there now! Surprising that they learned it in just a few days, apparently. Unless they know someone...

Also, I think The Mix will play it, though they tend to be behind the ball usually. They're playing songs from Linkin Park, Outkast, Jet, and Hoobastank, so I think Vertigo will get on there too.

I can see Q101 playing it too, and maybe 94.7 The Zone but I'm a little skeptical since they went with "Harder, Louder, Faster"...

No, they learned it over the past two days. I'll post a link to the video once they load it to their site. It was realy good. They rehearsed it once and then played it during the show. They're really amazing.

This is the third U2 song they played live before U2 did. Hands, Electrical Storm, now Vertigo. :up:

Foxxern said:

I can see Q101 playing it too, and maybe 94.7 The Zone but I'm a little skeptical since they went with "Harder, Louder, Faster"...

My sister said she's heard it on the Mix and Q101.

As for the Zone, every time I hear that "Harder, Louder, Faster", I cringe. It's a mentality that discourages real songwriting -- "We aren't a real rock band unless we feature crunching guitars and a screaming vocalist all of the time." If I believed that, I wouldn't be such a U2 fan.

Yeah I really don't know what's up with the Zone. Ever since they came on the air they've had a serious problem with defining their identity. If you gonna be "New Rock," play new rock (if that even exists anymore like it used to). But don't beat around the bush...

Lemon Lover said:
Yeah I really don't know what's up with the Zone. Ever since they came on the air they've had a serious problem with defining their identity. If you gonna be "New Rock," play new rock (if that even exists anymore like it used to). But don't beat around the bush...

I agree. I hate the Zone. They used to be good before they went all hard rock on us. They used to play 'Wild Honey' all the time. That was really nice. But alas.

Back
Top Bottom