'Vertigo' allegedly will be played today on Southern CA radio station - pt12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi people, goodmorning or goodnight, here in italy it's 10 in the morning, i just woke up and i saw now that vertigo is gonna be played?? what's happening? i'm too far away from US :wink:

here are my exchanges with Indie 1031 and rollins tonight

i sent this to rollins first
"WASTE OF TIME NICE TO SEE YOU RECORDING...WAIT YOU'RE AN INDIE RADIO DJ NICE GIG "

then this to the complaint dept at the station
"How in the hell can you do that to all the people across the country and the world that took the time to listen to your radio on the web or whereever and treat them like shit by pulling the plug on the U2 music. It's not even the marathon, but the fact that you promoted the new song being released. This is the biggest case of false advertisement and your station can be sure that it will never be heard from on my computer and many that use the U2 Feedback Forum. Feel fre to check out the complaints that will appear on that website. An apology as much a slap in the face as it would be is at the very least deserving of the many who wasted their time to listen to your trashball station. "

i recieved this from rollins
"Are you going to make sense or just be a moron?"

so i sent this back to him
"I can't believe the stunt your station pulled on a large number of fans who gave you and your station a shot at being something respectable and actually building a fanbase. I don't know any of the history that you have with U2 but to take it out on new potential listeners to the station out there is the most idiotic thing you could've done. I know for fact that you had people that have never heard of Henry Rollins or Indie 103 listening worldwide, and the only thing you displayed was your hatred and contempt for people taht you don't even know. Here's hoping that you find yourself without a job tomorrow. Cheers. Another Happy Listener"

and i got this back
"Well, it's an independent station in a country called America. If you
don't like what I'm saying then you can go somewhere else. I am only on
two hours a week and you can easily avoid me. U2 is such a bunch of
idiotic, turgid crap. The worst drummer, a plodding bass player, a one
note guitar play who's relentlessly uninventive and then there's the
singer, what a whale. Their records are like Stephen King novels. Sorry to
"alienate" you man! In the name of love!!!"

so i sent this and this is the last exchange between us
"this is perfect cus you are wasting your time typing away to me, a U2 nobody, the way your station and you wasted so many other peoples time in your sick little Indie game of lies. "

and to think i didnt know rollins before today

Look at him in his natural habitat. Simply Spectacular.

Impressive is the bounty of his moob.

Bask in his testeronical glory.

Goulet!

babyman said:
hi people, goodmorning or goodnight, here in italy it's 10 in the morning, i just woke up and i saw now that vertigo is gonna be played?? what's happening? i'm too far away from US :wink:

No Vertigo; 103.1 and Rollins lied to us.

this is henry rollins ... looks nice huh
rollins01.jpg

I'm listening to ZooTV performances of Bullet The Blue Sky.

It's catharsis.

I just wish we could ship Rollins to some third world country ravaged by strife and put him in the middle of the crossfire.

I commend Bolo's efforts to relieve third World debt and cure AIDS in
Africa, it's great. You don't know about any of the charity work I do
and
all the money I raise, it doesn't matter, I just do it and I do it all
the
time. I wish Bobo would just do the charity work and leave out those
awful
awful records. U2 has inense fans! Bono doesn't care about little
has-beens like me, he's too busy getting laughed by members of the
Beatles
and the Rolling Stones! Think what you want, it's America!
--Rollins

popsadie said:
I truly have to wonder what in the world Bono did to garner Rollins irrational hate...seriously.....

I think it stems back to the early 80's Washington DC Hardcore scene that Henry and the likes of Ian McKaye of Minor Threat and now Fugazi were a part of. U2 were gaining respect at that time for being an earnest band and members of the then Minor Threat wanted to make songs like U2 did, political and yet had a pop structure. I think the die hard hardcore people shunned U2 and couldn't understand how they could be respected and liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom