Update on album direct from Hanover Quay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's Tart

Refugee
I've just got back from Dublin and was talking to Sam this afternoon at HQ.
Bono and Edge are still on holiday in France, no idea about the Larry and Adam!
Sam confirmed that the MIXING of the album will begin next week.

But something tells me this is going to be a long process!!

Bono's Tart said:
I've just got back from Dublin and was talking to Sam this afternoon at HQ.
Bono and Edge are still on holiday in France, no idea about the Larry and Adam!
Sam confirmed that the MIXING of the album will begin next week.

But something tells me this is going to be a long process!!

What is that "something"? A gut feel, or something that was said, a facial expression? Details, please. We're desperate people here!:yikes:

Bono went France to easter.
After that we went to Berlin.
Now he's back to France? :eyebrow:

Re: Re: Update on album direct from Hanover Quay

biff said:

What is that "something"? A gut feel, or something that was said, a facial expression? Details, please. We're desperate people here!:yikes:

Sam came over to us on Thursday afternoon, we already knew that Bono and Edge were still in France from info the prev day Sam wasnt in HQ on Wednesday.

Its not a gut feeling it was actually the way he said it and the look on his face. It was as if they were all dreading this next process, I definately think that this has been no easy ride!

We said that we were coming back in about 3/4 weeks, and when we had said that he just replied oh well you'll definately be luckier then we'll all still be here and for quite a while!!

Just for info as well as I know some people like to read this, the prev day a large lorry was there and they were bringing out the bands wardrobes, racks and racks of stuff from the Pop tour, shirts,jackets,hates etc for storage.

Mixing takes a few months right?
So that could also confirm that they're getting ready for a autumn release.

victor_f said:
Bono went France to easter.
After that we went to Berlin.
Now he's back to France? :eyebrow:

I was thinking that too, this Sam seems to always put them in France :eyebrow: They were there for the holiday, but then Bono was in Germany and surely he is or was home at some time! :shrug: "Still" in France is the thing that makes me doubt him, it's like he knows he told you guys that before and thinks you didn't know about the Berlin thing and he can keep using the old France story:huh:

Last edited:
Sorry BT that you didn't see Bono...but thank you so much for finding out some invaluable info - mixing is to begin, that should be interesting - rumour had it that 'mixing was to take place elsewhere but I'm so glad to learn that the entire album will now be completed in HQ. Thanks again BT and who knows perhaps we may meet there within the next couple of weeks. Glad you got back safely. [Sam's one hell of a nice guy!]

I have no doubt this album has been a hard process for them.. acording to Anton on his site Bono was going back to Dublin after Berlin to work more on the album..

the other event that i found very motivating was a speech that bono gave in berlin on the 21st of april on the issue of aids in africa. he spoke in front of 500 ceo's from all over the world, government delegates, ambassadors and the head of the worldbank, and his words rang out amidst self congratulatory speeches by chancellor schroeder and juergen schlempp from daimler chrysler. this was after flying into berlin early in the morning and having non stop meetings with ngo's and government people all day prior to the speech and leaving early the next morning to go back into the studio working on the U2 album. that guy is truly unbelievable and the world is a better place with him in it for sure.
http://www.corbijn.co.uk/

But that does not mean he isnt in France now .. thanks B'T for the update hope your trip went well

BluberryPoptart said:

I was thinking that too, this Sam seems to always put them in France :eyebrow: They were there for the holiday, but then Bono was in Germany and surely he is or was home at some time! :shrug: "Still" in France is the thing that makes me doubt him, it's like he knows he told you guys that before and thinks you didn't know about the Berlin thing and he can keep using the old France story:huh:

Bono has a house in France. When you have money traveling between Germany, France, even Dublin is a short commute.

I have no doubt that he can be in France and then in some other European country the next day, you're talking about short airplane ride.

So they are in Portugal officially, it just came up on the news forum. So if the guy at the studio knew they were going to Portugal why did he say France? Either he didn't want anybody to know because it was a secret so he lied, or they didn't tell him because it was such a big secret! I am excited to hear about a new video which means new album soon!!!

Sam is the studio manager at Hanover Quay and he is very nice!! OK he told us B was in France and it looks like he was in Portugal but the mixing of the album is definately taking place from next week. Two other people told us the same thing.

Anyway a friend of mine will still be in Dublin and she is letting me know whats happening on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday next week anything I get to know I'll pass on.

I want to remind everyone to please help with getting U2 News out there as much as possible by emailing me or PM'ing me when you find out news of this magnitude. The News forum and Interference.com has a much farther reach than a thread in this subforum.

Thanks for your cooperation.

yes but what's posted in this forum is usually speculation and rumor... you can't fully trust it's content... i think the u2news section should be just for confirmed news or inside information elvis gathers from reliable sources... stuff a fan says bono or edge or sam the hannover quay guy told them could very much turn out to be true, but it could also be very much false... such as bono and edge are in france, when they're actually in portugal. i dunno... just my .02

Headache in a Suitcase said:
yes but what's posted in this forum is usually speculation and rumor... you can't fully trust it's content... i think the u2news section should be just for confirmed news or inside information elvis gathers from reliable sources... stuff a fan says bono or edge or sam the hannover quay guy told them could very much turn out to be true, but it could also be very much false... such as bono and edge are in france, when they're actually in portugal. i dunno... just my .02

It's always best to let myself or the other PR goddesses of Interference know about rumors so that we can get working on them, dontcha think? ;)

It's always best to let myself or the other PR goddesses of Interference know about rumors so that we can get working on them, dontcha think?

ha ha!! you got it Carrie , if we don't know, we can't do what we do to bring the truth behind the rumours to you guys. or do what we can to get the scoop. send us whatever you feel relevant I would say.. we have a great team who can work through it ..

the PR goddeses bow to the Chief ha!!

cheers
Kate

If they are taking photo's for the Album's booklet, and filming, wouldn't the filming be the video for the 1st single?? would they film this early, if the single is due in september, is this the usual time frame for filming the video?? or does this mean that it'll be out sooner than expected?

Headache in a Suitcase said:

OK But if we dont tell you what we know/find out you all wouldnt have any idea would you?

Just as a footnote they only arrived in Portugal on Wednesday and even the record company over there didnt know about it.

I get really annoyed when people on here (and I will say that its one of the worst sites for it)are so dismissive of other peoples good intentions when it comes to passing on info. More often than not we are right much to certains peoples annoyance!
One day I'll learn.

:mad:

Did they film the music video for "Beautiful Day" the same time that they took pictures for the album?

Bono's Tart said:

I get really annoyed when people on here (and I will say that its one of the worst sites for it)are so dismissive of other peoples good intentions when it comes to passing on info. More often than not we are right much to certains peoples annoyance!
One day I'll learn.

:mad:

If they are dismissive it's because they've heard so many rumors and so much bullshit they are cynical. Nothing against you personally I'm sure. I hope you and everyone else will continue to pass along whatever you do hear, just in case some of it does turn out to be important.

There are an awful lot of guys here who make the Edge's cousin jokes to everything people say and that gets as frustrating as the rumors.

I will say about this "Sam" person though, I wouldn't put too much stock in what he says. He may be "nice" but that's his job, he's the go between for the fans and the band and it would not serve the band's public image to have a rude asshole yelling at people telling them to go away. I have been lied to by some very "nice" people and it pissed me off later when I found out. One girl on Zootopia was at a party where Bono was, and a girl in the bathroom told her to go away that Bono was gone. She told the zootopian she was a maid. She even told her she was sorry and hugged her for her disappointment. Next day, there was a pic of that woman and Bono in the paper! It seemed she was a semi-famous Irish actress and was at the party with Bono but was trying to discourage fans from hunting him down.

The people surrounding the band don't want to hur t anyone's feelings but I am sure they will never actually divulge the true location of the band to any anonymous fan on the street, I'm sorry, I don't believe that. He could say they are in France when they are in Portugal, or in France when they are in Dublin and due to arrive any minute. I know it hurts people to feel they have been tricked, and maybe some of you who have seen Sam many times like to think you are special to him and he's your buddy who will tell you. But don't put too much emphasis in what he says. You could be a nice fan, or you could be a stalker, or someone ready to shoot them like the guy did John Lennon. He's NOT going to tell you or anyone the truth for the safety of the band, and I can understand that. In this case, no one knew, even the newspapers and websites never knew, no one was told until they were seen by people who told and it all came out and was discovered.

Because of this I'm sure most of you doubted the Portugal story when it first broke. My gosh, there were 3 different reports on this same forum at once telling of their whereabouts- France, Spain and Portugal. So people are going to be skeptical until pics or concrete evidence shows up as it did this time. But don't let this stop anyone from posting any little tidbit you hear, you never know if yours might be the important one.

Back
Top Bottom