ultraviolet ( song compilation remix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYRangers78

War Child
A friend of mine played a remix for me called the ultraviolet compilation remix song other other day. What songs are in this remix??? I think i heard, "ultraviolet", "lady with the spinning head", and parts of " The Fly" mixed in. please let me know what else is in this song as it is driving me crazy to know the names.......thanks....

Hello and welcome to the forum! :wave:

I have to say I haven't heard of this remix and doubt that it officially exists. However, it could be possible that your friend played you one of the Achtung Baby demo's. I believe its FWT (Fan Working Title) is 'Take You Down' or something like that. It's a demo of U2 trying out ideas and this jam indeed does contain elements of Ultra Violet, Lady With The Spinning Head and The Fly. Which goes to show that those three songs originated from the same idea.

Here's a link to a description of those Achtung Baby demo's:
http://home.comcast.net/~sira/u2.htm

The track you're maybe looking for is on disc 3, track 5. (The site also has some small sound (RealMedia) fragments!).

Imagine that, three great songs (OK, two great songs and a good one), all from the same idea/jam. What a band! :up:

C ya!

Marty

thanks.......i also must say that wake up dead man is also sang in a part of it.......and its sung differently then it is on the album.....i actually like this way better.....if u can, can someone please download this remix and tell me what songs are in it because its driving me crazy.....

Then it's definitely "Take You Down" from the Achtung Baby working tapes. Click the link that Marty provided for more information. It's the sixth track from the third disc.

i downloaded "i can take you down" and it doesnt sound like lady with the spinning head. when i clicked on the listen thing on that third disc track it sounds way different from the ' i can take you down" off of limewire...if someone can help id love to email them this version of "i can take you down" that i got off of limewire and figure this out...cuz i like the way bono is singing on this one off limewire

Back
Top Bottom