U2's Most Well Written Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DevilsShoes

War Child
Is there a set of lyrics which cannot be improved upon? Where every line and every sentence has been perfectly judged by Bono. Which song do you think is the best written, the one which contains the most inspired, most thought-provoking, and most emotional lyrics. One? Stay? Acrobat?
Over to you.

The Unforgettable Fire is musically perfect, though I guess even Sherlock Holmes would have a hard time working out what the song was about through reading the lyrics:)
One of my all time faves.

Acrobat
Gone
Love is Blindness
Window in the Skies
One Tree Hill
Original of the Species
I Still Haven't Found

YAHWEH Lyrics-beautiful Music- Ethereal
ONE Gorgeous and deep
Still Haven't Found Profound
Walk On
Stay
Sort of Homecoming
Unforgettable Fire Stops me in my tracks-musically for sure
WOWY Achingly awesome-raw emotion

aw, it is impossible to pick just one or two or ten!!!

There's not much stuff from the 00's here is there? But some interested choices anyway, I too really like Gone, Love Is Blindness and Heartland has some very evocative imagery. I think from about the mid eighties to all the way through the nineties Bono wrote some really good stuff, really clever lyrics, really thought-provoking, the Pop album on the whole is pretty strong as far as lyrics are concerned, Mofo, SATS, Gone, Playboy Mansion, Please, Wake Up Dead Man. In the 00's by contrast alot of his stuff seems more simplistic, and I think he's done it to suit the more stripped down feel that U2 has right now.

Last edited:
Sunday Bloody Sunday

Until the End of the World

Pride - (the quintessential U2 song in my opinion, both lyrically and musically).

Pride
WOWY
Streets
I still haven't found what I'm looking for
One
COBL (crazy underrated, and the only one worthy of "classic" status in the last 6 years)

One Tree Hill
Kite
In a Little While
Streets

One that does not work is Electrical Storm, which is impossible to sing for anyone but Bono on a good day.

Back
Top Bottom