U2's Best Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovetown by a country mile.

I think ZooTV was U2's worst tour.

Lovetown for the whole tour, but some individual legs have been outstanding....

Elevation First Leg
Vertigo Europe
ZOOTV Outside Broadcast

should all rank with some of the finest live music ever produced. The trouble is, each of these tours had some pretty nasty moments outside of those legs. Lovetown was (apart from Bono's voice on a couple of occaisions) consistently brilliant.

T

Axver said:
Lovetown by a country mile.

I think ZooTV was U2's worst tour.

How do you figure that? :scratch:

I've become aware of your status as the anti-Achtung Baby, but still, the live performances of those songs are excellent.

Edit: Spelling.

Vertigo has the best setlists, I think we can all agree on that. (I'll never say Lovetown; even if there was much rotation the songs played were predictable, in a way - I mean, would we ever have guessed The First Time?)

If I had to go back and see one tour though, it'd be Popmart. Mofo is a better opener than Zoo Station, and the Achtung Baby songs they kept playing sounded better on Popmart than they did on ZooTV.
The stage is cooler, and Bono is much more rock'n'roll in my opinion.

In terms of theatrical show - Zootv
In terms of the music , of the songs , the way there were played - Popmart
In terms of party feeling and guitar craziness by Edge
:drool: -LoveTown
But in terms of evrthin mixed - VERTIGO

By "U2's best tour" do you mean "what was your personal favourite U2 tour" ?

If so, JT. By a country mile.

Each tour is different in its own way and I dont think U2 has ever done a BAD tour. I like different aspects of each tour really.

Best production: Zoo TV, obviously
Best combination of production and performance: Popmart
Best setlists (this is so subjective): Lovetown, Elevation and Vertigo with Joshua Tree being a runner up to those three.
Best raw energy: Probably War and/or Unf. Fire.

Just overall tour I would go with Lovetown, Popmart or Vertigo. I see those three as equals for different reasons. Lovetown is the next stage from Joshua Tree, Popmart was the next stage from Zoo TV, and Vertigo was the next stage from Elevation. To me, its kind of like they tweaked those original great tours and improved them. So those seem like the best to me. :shrug: I'm sure alot of people will disagree with me vehemently though. :laugh:

I think Elevation was probably one of the worst. It turned into a best of tour, which you can see w/ Slane (even though I love that DVD). They played about 5 songs off the album then their greatest hits. I love what they did w/ the Vertigo tour - the new songs and the Boy songs.

Zoo TV was probably the best
Vertigo second
Lovetown third... (I haven't heard too much from this tour)

Like i said earlier, Zoo or Popmart.

But i prefer Popmart. The gigantic screens and the whole stage everything was huge.

That is how U2 should play. I really prefer outdoor shows.

Back
Top Bottom