U2 @ superbowl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ummmm . . . that's cool I guess. But I can already hear the backlash coming. lol

Well I was listening to Kroq this morning and during the Kevin and Bean show, one of them (I forget which is bean or kevin) was recalling a meeting with Bono last night at a party in which they asked Bono about some rumor of Bono appearing at halftime for the superbowl. Bono apparently said that the NFL had approached U2 for a spot during halftime which gave U2 the freedom to choose whatever they wanted to do with it. Apperantly this seems very enticing for our fab four.

Keep in mind from the soundbite I heard this morning I dont think they actually confirmed this was offical or not. So let's not get our panties in a bunch. But I wouldnt be surprissed if they played it - after all they just played the NBA.

By the way, I found it interesting that the morning show didnt rag on U2 for thinking bout this proposition - in fact they said that this is one of the rare times when the NFL can have somebody relevant preform at halftime. Nothing but U2 love this morning - it was kind of cool to hear. I guess it helps that they just did two shows here in LA.

Anybody else catch that this morning or even heard bout this possibility?

I actually heard something about this on a radio station here in NYC a couple days ago. No real details though other than that it was happening. As long as they don't do any type of duet thing with Destinys Child I think it might be okay.

Yeah, no Britney wearing tube socks on her arms, no boy band, no band that has color coordinated outfits. Other than that, I'm all for it.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

This would be great! The Green Bay Packers and U2 in the same show!

------------------
The one and only!

I read somewhere, I can't remember if it was in an interview with the band or just a piece of news somewhere, that Bon Jovi was playing the half-time.

Again, it might just have been baseless Internet "news" but I do seem to think that it was from an interview with someone from Bon Jovi. If it was it still might have been one of those things where they were just in discussions about it.

I love both bands but I'd be leaning towards seeing U2 do it.

Originally posted by mikal:
This would be great! The Green Bay Packers and U2 in the same show!

Ummm...don't you mean the Bears? Just cuz ya beat us once doesn't mean you're going to the Superbowl!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Honey*~

The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

Originally posted by sharky:
Yeah, no Britney wearing tube socks on her arms, no boy band, no band that has color coordinated outfits. Other than that, I'm all for it.

Well if Briteny wore nothing but tube socks on her arms ..... then that just might be the best damn half time show ever to be had.
Hell I might be inclined to leave the sound on too!

Originally posted by ti-hua:
I actually heard something about this on a radio station here in NYC a couple days ago. No real details though other than that it was happening. As long as they don't do any type of duet thing with Destinys Child I think it might be okay.

What's wrong with DC? Blasting Britney? OK! Blasting NSUCK? They deserve it!
But don't blast Destiny's Child! Please, let me enjoy my guilty pleasure!

C ya!

Marty (who thinks DC are hot, although their Emotions is rather weak)

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways:
Ummm...don't you mean the Bears? Just cuz ya beat us once doesn't mean you're going to the Superbowl!
biggrin.gif

The Bears and Packers will BOTH be there...if they buy tickets to see the Rams playing!

Back
Top Bottom