U2 songs for the next Guitar Hero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
Like many of you (I'm guessing), I've been known to go nuts on a little Guitar Hero from time to time. With the third installment due this fall, I'm wondering which U2 songs you think would be great additions. The media whores that they are, I don't think it's too far fetched to think one of their songs could eventually show up.

Personally, I think The Fly takes the cake. Others I think could work really well are EBTTRT and UTEOTW.

Last edited:
The Fly would be great, Vertigo would be possible, All Because Of You...Sunday Bloody Sunday.

I'd love to rock out to a live take on Last Night On Earth :drool:

God Part II or ZooTV Bullet.

Of course, knowing U2, they'd use One. :wink:

I don't fancy playing the same three chords over and over for three minutes. U2 weren't made for Guitar Hero.

elevated_u2_fan said:

:drool:

Gone - Boston Elevation Version, complete with throwing your controller on the ground and kicking it at the end ftw...

:drool: winner!

hmm, Vertigo I guess.... and SBS is easy as hell so that one could be in there too...

:grumpy: I so hate it that I have the only console that does NOT have guitarhero! make it for game cube :scream:

HMTMKMKM
EBTTRT
LNOE

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I can't believe Wii is getting Guitar Hero. This shall be the greatest Christmas/birthday of all time for me. :wink:

Canadiens1160 said:
I don't fancy playing the same three chords over and over for three minutes. U2 weren't made for Guitar Hero.

My response: 11 O'Clock Tick Tock

craigp said:
it should come complete with foot controller pedals accessory:hmm:

Early reports are the next Guitar Hero will indeed include effects pedals.

Sunday Bloody Sunday seems like the most likely choice -- it's the 'hardest' (eg. heavy metal is 'harder' than the beach boys) song that they're really known for from the 80s -- i don't think Guitar Hero would put their new stuff on

My 8 year old son is a master that at Guitar Hero thingie, and a HUGE fan of U2 music. He would absolutely DIE if they came out with a U2 song or two on the next installment of the game.

:wink:

Yeah U2 aren't known for their guitar work so I doubt they would show up on Guitar Hero.

But if there was going to be one it would probably be Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Canadiens1160 said:

well guitar hero isnt really about chords, it's about lead stuff and solos...so you have a point, only a select few songs would work

No U2 songs really work for the game to me.

But still it would be so much fun to play stuff like Streets on Guitar Hero! :drool:

Speaking of Guitar Hero.

Here is some songs featured on the Guitar Hero 3 (80's rock) for the Nintendo Wii

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6170407.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;2
"Guitar Hero will (officially) Rock the 80s

Activision to bring a dose of nostalgia to the popular game series, with 30 tracks from the era including originals from Flock of Seagulls, Twisted Sister.

By Emma Boyes, Tor Thorsen, GameSpot UK
Posted May 10, 2007 8:11 am PT

One of the worst-kept secrets in the games industry is finally out. After weeks of rumors, Activision has finally confirmed that Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s is in the works. So far, the game has only been confirmed for the PlayStation 2 and will take the retail stage in the US and Europe sometime this summer.

The flock returns to the roost!
Seven songs out of the total 30 have so far been announced, but they run the genre gamut. It will feature "as made famous" covers of "Round and Round" by Ratt, "I Want Candy" by Bow Wow Wow, "Metal Health" by Quiet Riot, "Holy Diver" by Ronnie James Dio, and "Heat of the Moment" by Asia. It will also sport two original tracks: Flock of Seagulls' "I Ran" and "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister. The game will also feature retro rock venues, unlockable guitars, and a variety of "intense" gameplay modes.

RedOctane's head of publishing, Dusty Welch, commented, "The 80s features an amazing variety of rock genres from hair metal to punk to new wave, and our dedicated Guitar Hero fans will definitely appreciate the opportunity to play all the new and exciting content we've added."

One thing Welch didn't comment on was the fact that Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s is being developed by Harmonix. Though it developed the first two guitar heroes, the rhythm-game studio has since been purchased by MTV, and announced in March it is making a Guitar Hero rival called Rock Band with Electronic Arts. Activision-owned Neversoft, maker of the Tony Hawk series, has since taken over Guitar Hero development. It will presumably be making Guitar Hero III, due out later this year for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii.

RedOctane founder and president Kai Huang had previously confirmed to GameSpot that the company would be looking to work on a variety of different genres for upcoming Guitar Hero, and that one of the options would be to offer these packs as extra downloadable content. However, the PS2 edition of Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s edition will be coming out in the more traditional boxed format."

Back
Top Bottom