U2 Medley before Superbowl performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sting

The Fly
I downloaded U2's performance at the Superbowl... and where the video starts is right after the commerical where it says "featuring a prescedented performance by U2"

and after that it has a medley of U2 songs and videos

it starts off with some wierd guitar noise(not sure what song)
than the opening chord of Desire
than the drumroll into Pride
then there is the wierd 'vocal synth' opening to Wild Horses (in the back pretty quiet over top the end of the Pride snippet)
Than it goes into New Years Day
leads into some falsetto part from a song I don't know
Than into Sunday Bloody Sunday
Than into Elevation
and finally into the performance of Beautiful Day

That is what I got from it.
Can anyone tell me which are the songs I don't know? Paticularily that part with bono singing his falsetto... It sounded really cool... I'm just curious for the full list!

And i've seen this in other places, but what is that damn Bono cartoon I see in peoples Avatars and there is a short clip of it in the "Video-Medley". What is that from?

Thanks...!

Sting said:

And i've seen this in other places, but what is that damn Bono cartoon I see in peoples Avatars and there is a short clip of it in the "Video-Medley". What is that from?

It's from the 'Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me' video.

I'm gonna have to check that out! Thanks.

Any word on what songs im missing from that Medley?

The inital guitar music is IN GODS COUNTRY from the Joshua Tree album (i am pretty sure, i dont have the song on my PC)

The other one is LEMON from Zooropa album.

I didn;t pick anything up between Pride and New Years Day althogh they had added in extra effects.

mo786 said:
The inital guitar music is IN GODS COUNTRY from the Joshua Tree album (i am pretty sure, i dont have the song on my PC)

The other one is LEMON from Zooropa album.

I didn;t pick anything up between Pride and New Years Day althogh they had added in extra effects.

Yes, I knew the initial guitar music is In gods Country(one of my favs off Joshua Tree!)...

The little synth thing is in between Pride and New Years Day... its just really quiet and it doesnt actually divide the song... it just plays under the end of Pride... its not a big thing... u can just hear it quietly... I believe its from the beginning of "Whos Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses"

And thank you! The one I was into was Lemon...

the guitar part I was referring to is after the In Gods Country part, and it has this wierd guitarthing and then a clap, than the opening chord to desire. Not a big deal... I was more interested in the cartoon and Lemon lol.

Thanks!

as soon as he says an "performance from U2" it also has the initial guitar from gone.

So where can I get to see this performance? :shifty:

I mean if one were to say... want to watch or listen to an m p 3 of it. :wink:

catlhere said:
So where can I get to see this performance? :shifty:

I mean if one were to say... want to watch or listen to an m p 3 of it. :wink:

The best version I'm told is on the Superbowl XXXVI DVD. Be sure to get the one with the extras/bonus materials. I'm not sure if the DVD has that introduction though.

But man, I wish I could get a copy of that version of In God's Country.

If not, just download it.

Sting said:

the guitar part I was referring to is after the In Gods Country part, and it has this wierd guitarthing and then a clap, than the opening chord to desire. Not a big deal... I was more interested in the cartoon and Lemon lol.

Thanks!

That guitar part is the beginning of Gone, which StlElevation already mentioned.

an even sadder sidenote, this was the halftime of the game where the patriots stole the superbowl from the rams

Back
Top Bottom