U2 in Chicago, 11/24 ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
woowoo2 said:
Elevation USA is pretty good. I refer to lead singer as "mini me bono". He's a trip & pretty good too!

hey woowoo, i thought you were mini-me? dont you owe me money? hehehe :wink:

stop touring in US and go to Ukraine play gig for freedom in Kiev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!they really need you
:yes: for love and peace.....

Well I must say today was crazy. Elevation got a call from Q101 and Mancow last night to play an impromptu concert today. Elevation didn't even know where they were going to play until 6am this morning. Then we got the call that it was to be at US Cellular Field (where the Chicago White Sox play). Elevation played 4 songs before the cops shut them down: Vertgo, I Will Follow, SBS, and half of Streets (ironically). By the end there were about 100 people which was suprising because Mancow didn't disclose the location of the concert until 5 minutes before Elevation started to play.

WGN had a helicopter on the scene and the news anchors mistook Elevation for U2. Elevation had performed in the WGN studios on Monday morning, you think they would have known the difference.

Here's a little teaser video from WGN. More video and actual audio from Mancow's show to come.

Elevation USA on WGN

:laugh:

That is the best video, lol. I couldn't believe it when I was watching it happen.

I can't wait for the rest of the stuff. :wave:

When I read this thread (before I found out it was ElevationUSA), I thought to myself "and I flew out to New York?"

Still, I don't think they could play anywhere in this city remotely as cool as at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge...

(I am from Chicago, by the way).

I am sorry but I have kept quiet on this for so long, and now this, (I am sure I will get flamed), but I think these cover bands are lame. I mean didn't they hear Adam Clayton say just last week from Sony Studios "I hope U2 inspires people to do their own thing, and not try to be U2."

Good hell, HOW do you miss that!? I know they love the band and are expressing it "in a way" but to be so consumed with it that you pretend to be the band, it is just SO sad to me.

I would like to hear their talent put out some original stuff, I mean, think of it, you never know how great they could have been as their own band 'casue they are stuck in a band they can't get out of.

Last edited:
I tell ya RobVox, I had that opinion of cover bands too... before I actually saw one. When I did, I had so much fun that I could very easily forgive them their lack of creativity

Mancow is a dick. A cheap knock-off of another dick, actually. So, that would make him an unoriginal dick, I suppose.:censored:

:wave:

SkeeK said:
I tell ya RobVox, I had that opinion of cover bands too... before I actually saw one. When I did, I had so much fun that I could very easily forgive them their lack of creativity

I have seen a few, and though they sound very similar to the REAL thing it still made me sad for them.

RobVox said:

I have seen a few, and though they sound very similar to the REAL thing it still made me sad for them.

Don't be sad for them. A lot of them just do it for fun because they love the music of U2. Most of the members in the bands have other jobs and do have orginal music or are working on it.

the great thing about cover bands is that they do for real what we do in our heads...replay the songs over and over and over. I bet they have such a great appreciation for the real band's work and they bring that new apreciation to those of us who go watch them in tiny irish pubs. It's not the 'Real Thing' but its pretty damn cool. Watching Greg (the Gredge :) play New Year's Day is something I never saw anyone do before upclose and it gave me a whole new idea what it takes to be a solid musician. Chris sends the bass right throught the floorboards, Dave is playing Sunday Bloody Sunday as fast as the band played it 20 years back, and Danno is climbing all over the place like a fly on the wall (its no secret at all- anymore :) belting the tunes out.

As far as the originality thing goes, I have a little problem too with it, but once you get to know these people and realize they live full lives outside of the trib band gig, they grow on you. Plus I've expanded my range of friends greatly because so many people gravitate towards U2, no matter how they get it, as is with tribute bands. Booyah Grandma.

Later,
mofo82

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom