U2 heavy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
My friends are all into heavy music. But I don't really call it music - its more just smashing the crap out of the drums and bass and screaming (death metal, extremely heavy metal). It takes absolutely no talent at all. But they love it and I can't stand it.

What is the opinion here of this crap?

What is U2's heaviest song?

What is U2's heaviest album?

Note - I'm asking for heaviest, not darkest.

Like A Song...
Rejoice
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Bullet The Blue Sky (ZooTV Live - not studio)

Those would be my picks. Maybe The Fly or Acrobat too.

God knows what the Heaviest ALBUM is tho. I wouldnt say War myself. Red Light / 40 / Surrender / Drowning Man / The Refugee - cant be called heavy.
I guess if we took half of AB and half of Pop, that would make for a FULL U2 heavy album.

In fact, i'm gonna do that on Itunes right now!:wink:

I am not a lover of really heavy metal but I do have to disagree that those who play it have no talent.

Most heavy metal bands have and always have had the most technically proficient musicians.Excellent drummers, fantastic bass players and guitarists that beggar belief. The singing seems not to be as important now I agree with that.

That sort of music can not be played by tallentless people.

^ :up:

I personally don't really like death metal, but a lot of my friends do, and I can listen to it occasionally.

U2 death metal? Haven't done it yet I don't think. Some songs have heavy elements, but I don't think Bono's ever scream-sung for a whole song. His voice is more soul than metal or even rock. Which is good. :wink:

Heavy Metal is not crap, there are some brillant songs out there, but U2 heavy metal, The Fly at 3 times volume maybe.

This is just about the only musical genre they haven't explored yet so maybe the next album will be full of Heavy Metal:wink:

If you're talking of bands like Metallica or Iron Maiden, I'm not a hardcore fan but I like them, they are better than many people think. Guitars, bass, drums, almost nothing beats them on technique. :rockon: And I even like James Heitfield voice. But, for something a bit more rocker than U2 I'd recommend Pearl Jam.

U2 started as a rock band, and they have great rock songs. But metal? Maybe only Bullet the blue sky live. Even a Brazilian crappy metal band called Sepultura made a horrible cover of BTBS in Rock In Rio Lisbon :yuck: :yikes:

I don't think they really have anything "heavy" in the heavy-metal sense. I can't think of a single U2 song that would qualify...

Not so much... it's sorta like regular singing and then during "in the name of love" it gets more instrumental and less vocal... however you say that. If you want, I'll send it to you. It's not so bad.

And I don't listen to much of heavy metal mind you.

Ah no worries then, I thought u were gonna tell me sum1 had recorded a death metal version of the song or something! Now THAT would be interesting to hear!:wink:

COBL_04 said:
My friends are all into heavy music. But I don't really call it music - its more just smashing the crap out of the drums and bass and screaming (death metal, extremely heavy metal). It takes absolutely no talent at all. But they love it and I can't stand it.

I love you, man. :love:

Just because you can play fast doesn't mean that you have talent. Anyone can train themselves to play fast, crank the distortion up to 11, and fingertap a lot.

Heaviest U2 song? Probably Bullet the Blue Sky (live) as a few people have said. I also think Exit can get pretty damn hard at points.

COBL_04 said:
It takes absolutely no talent at all.

It take 10x the talent to play heavy metal that it does to play anything you normally hear on the radio. Except for maybe on some classic rock stations.

As for heaviest U2 song, probably The Fly or Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, although neither are really heavy at all.

Re: Re: U2 heavy.

XHendrix24 said:

I love you, man. :love:

Just because you can play fast doesn't mean that you have talent. Anyone can train themselves to play fast, crank the distortion up to 11, and fingertap a lot.

Heaviest U2 song? Probably Bullet the Blue Sky (live) as a few people have said. I also think Exit can get pretty damn hard at points.

Yeah, Exit it's the only U2 song that scares me at some point. It's overrated but it's pretty cool.

the tourist said:
As for heaviest U2 song, probably The Fly or Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, although neither are really heavy at all.

I'd have to agree with The Fly. It's not heavy compared to something from, say, Metallica, but it's the heaviest thing U2 have ever done.

the tourist and phanan I must disagree with your opinion about The Fly. There's a great and quick guitar solo but there aren't "hard" vocals, there's even a falsetto, there's no "agressive attitude"!

I'd name Bullet the blue sky, exit or maybe Wire

OnFire said:
I kinda like death metal when it's played low and slow. :wink:

Which makes it not death metal...:huh:

I agree with MacPhistoPT...Exit intimidated me a little bit. I do love that song, though. It's bloody awesome. Exit > BTBS

I also think The Ground Beneath Her Feet is quite heavy, but only at 2:30 onwards.

I'd say Wire. It's probably U2's most frantic and "fast" feeling song. Plus it's got some scary lyrics.

I always some of R&H was a bit heavy. "God Part 2" is a pretty heavy song, with screeching guitar and Bono screaming. Granted, the lyrics are not typical for a slasher song, but it has the basic elements there. ;) "Wire", as others suggested, is a good screaming, loud song - although a metal lover might not like Edge's heavy echo effect in that song. "Exit" is great, although that song may start out too slowly for true metal lovers (even though the beginning is part of what makes that song so brilliant). "The Fly" has some great loud guitar, which might work, as may "Mofo" - although the latter song might be too techno for metal heads. The two newest albums probably aren't hard enough and are definitely too "pop" for heavy metal lovers. But there are hints here and there (like with "New York").

Back
Top Bottom