U2 have to be looking in this forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
COBL_04 said:

And I thought Shakira's first album was ok, but that 'Hips Don't Lie' song is the worst recording I have heard in a loooooooong time. I can't stand it. It is horrible. I can put into words how much I hate that song. The whiny chorus vocal, the whole thing is just...ugh. :yuck:

"Hips Don't Lie" suffers from the actual state of the pop music thing, but it certaily is not the worst recording in several years.
Well, a curiosity:giggle: : try to sing "Whenever, wherever" chorus under the "Hips Don't Lie" chorus... you'll find that the melody is... compatible and similar...

jacobus said:

IMO:
fact 1: Rubin is a great producer
fact 2: Mercy is overrated and stinks like an old fart
fact 3: Hola amigo Ponkine, i think Shakira is a quality act

The sad thing is that if 'Mercy' is ever released some of the very same people who praised it will crap all over it. Saying it's over produced, too long and trying to steal "Bad's" thunder.

I say stay with Rubin and put out some stripped back, soul-baring rock!!

Bono probably hangs out in PLEBA.

You know, we had this big Bono short hair thread, and were all :drool: over his Pop look... and then like a week later he gets his hair cut :shifty:

COBL_04 said:
If U2 were really looking at this forum and were being influenced by it, they would be making Achtung Baby 2, such is the appreciation for that genre of music and the attack of 00 music.
Pop 2 :shh:

No, if they wanted to please everyone, they'd make an album that was half Pop and half ATYCLB, and then succeed in pleasing no one.

And Shakira rocked before she learned English. Oh well, I still wish I were her boyfriend :shrug: (Which is difficult, considering I'm a girl :wink:)

Don't you know that I'm The Edge, Chizip is Larry, Axver is Bono, and Canadiens is Adam? Gosh people I thought you would have figured it out by now...

Re: Re: Re: U2 have to be looking in this forum

vaz02 said:

bono u got msn ?

btw can u still sing lemon ?

pffft msn is very out there, it doesnt have a soul to feel, so i can't kneel

I can still sing lemon, though...I just dont like rehearsals.....

Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 have to be looking in this forum

I always have said that there're spies from U2 team here :shh:

I don't think any member of the band is or have been here, despite the fake "Edge" and "Larry" from time to time here :wink:
but I'm really sure we have spies surrounding these walls :camera:

there was the whole "U2 needs to communicate more with their fans" thread here, and then U2.com goes and starts a studio journal...

Interesting.

Vox1254 said:
I was just thinking. Didn't a lot of people on here say they should work with Rubin? Then all of a sudden....look who they're working with. It goes to show you that it's quite a possibility that someone in the band or someone close to the band reads these things. I know there are other examples, I just can't think of them right now. :eyebrow:

Quite possibly? I'd say very possibly.

Bono knows about Pleba, or has a good idea of what goes on. Edge is the internet surfer, he probably scopes out the more known U2 fan sites.

U2 did have the webcam thing setup before ATYCLB was recorded. Though I didn't find it very fascinating to watch them sitting around reading newspapers or sippin coffee. ;)

Then there was that quote from Bono about "brutal" U2 fans, "check out the message boards, they're brutal." I doubt he was only mentioning the ones at their own site.

Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 have to be looking in this forum

bono_man2002 said:

pffft msn is very out there, it doesnt have a soul to feel, so i can't kneel

I can still sing lemon, though...I just dont like rehearsals.....

Honestly

:lol:

Christ, the last thing I want U2 to do is listen to us fans! Can you imagine what the next album would sound like if they tried to please all of us?! Name it Schrodinger's An Cat Dubh, cos that's what it'd be.

Bono would implode from the angst of trying to please every fan's idea of what length his hair should be -- short, long, or neo-mullet. His implosion would take the whole Universe with him and we'd be left with null space ... :ohmy:

Ya can't please everyone, so ya may as well just please yourselves. :eyebrow:

fandangamoq said:

lol

"What's all this about 'shiney's'? And...HEY!....that's not an H-chord...THIS is an H-Chord!!"

~A.j.~
I didn't understand that and it scared me :sad:

Bono'sTyee said:
Don't you know that I'm The Edge, Chizip is Larry, Axver is Bono, and Canadiens is Adam? Gosh people I thought you would have figured it out by now...

Oh that's why we're always waiting 4 years for a new album. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom