U2 going hip hop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Somebody told me today that they heard U2 was going hip hop. I said, no way, I spend too much time on a U2 forum and I'd know. Is there any basis to this rumor or not? He said he heard it on satellite radio that their next album was going to be hip hop. Could it be a Bono duet with a hip hop artist? I can't image Larry or Edge ever going hip hop.

Quote taken out of context... which we knew it would happen! :lol:

It was during an interview Bono gave at Davos or thereabouts...

Yeah...today my teacher that I can safely talk to U2 about (since he loves them too) told me he heard this on the radio

"U2's next album will be a rap album"

This he heard on a rather popular Chicago radio station...

So now the hip hop album's turned to a rap album, and it's not going to influenced...it's goig to be

:huh:

I love Bono but he always says ridiculous stuff about the "new" album. He'll describe otherwise typical U2 songs as being "jazz" and "hip hop" and "punk rock from Venus" and "titanium soul," etc. etc.

It sounds awesome but mostly it just ends up being U2, heheh

ok...>I'm finally going to ask this, so please don't laugh at me, but WHAT ON EARTH DID BONO REFER TO AS PUNK ROCK FROM VENUS?

Ok, I've finally admitted that I never heard him say that :reject:

martha said:
When ATYCLB was coming out, Bono told CNN that Elevation had hip-hop elements to it.

:|

So that goes to show you what he thinks a hip-hop influence might be.

To be fair, I think the original Album version might have a touch of hip-hop in it's production. Also, I think Vertigo also has a bit of hip-hop influence in it as well (during the first and second verses, not during the chorus/bridge).

bono_212 said:
ok...>I'm finally going to ask this, so please don't laugh at me, but WHAT ON EARTH DID BONO REFER TO AS PUNK ROCK FROM VENUS?

Ok, I've finally admitted that I never heard him say that :reject:

It was something to do with how to dismantle an atomic bomb either it was the whole album sounded like it or just vertigo i can't really remember though

Why would U2 go hip-hop? That would be incredibly stupid. I love hip-hop, but personally I don't think U2 and Hip-Hop really mesh. Production wise, eh, maybe, but Bono doesn't really have hip-hop vocals. Unless that's what U2 are doing to experiment...:uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom