U2.com is officially up!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know what is up with the subscription? Everytime i try to add it to my cart it just takes me right back to the homepage. When I go to my cart, it says " there are no items in your cart"

WTF???

beli said:
Actually this site has a few "issues: ie once the black stuff rolls down the screen the text cant be read. I dont think its finished yet. :sigh:

I was just going to ask if it was just me.

Guess not. :|

beli said:
Actually this site has a few "issues: ie once the black stuff rolls down the screen the text cant be read. I dont think its finished yet. :sigh:

Huh, it seems fine to me...

ok. Click on suscribe. While the screen is white you can read the words on the right hand side. Once it turns black I cant read anything at all.

Same goes for the audio/video bit. All I can see are the words audio and video repeated but theyres no song title displaying, for me.

The font colour and the background colour on the subscription page are either the same, or way too similiar to be able to read the text. The text is there, if you click and drag the cursor over it, but they need to change one of the colours to make it more legible.

Poor site design. :down:

Seems fine to me on Mozilla

However, tried to see if I could register for board (which is probably not the greatest idea since I subscribed a few days ago when we werent supposed to and I am not sure if I would be able to join that information later on)... anyway. It tells me the name Miroslava is already taken... WTF? I wonder if they created one for me already

:lmao:

Am sure they did... Agh. What frustration :mad: :mad:

Actually, if you subscribed a few days ago (for the membership) have you had your credit card charged ? I have not yet, but I have a confirmation email and am able to check my status (which tells me jack crap) at fanfire.com

:banghead:

Last edited:
I just registered for $20 since I got my PROP letter. It was pretty smooth. But then again, hopefully I didnt get jacked. We better get first priority tix.!!!

Yikes...

Well, if the whole site is showing up in a rectangle, clear your cache or force-reload the page. The background will still be the light color until you go to another page though. Other than that, it seems to be working.

With that said, it's a very mediocre site design. While it is trendy to use less images and more text these days, they haven't quite mastered that trend. The excessive amount of similar looking, small text really hurts the usability of the site -- especially with the navigation. The actual imagery on the site isn't bad (aside from the header), and they should really use more of it, as they seem a lot more competent designing with that instead of text.

On a positive note, the coding itself on the site is a lot better. A lot more of the site is automated, and you can actually view sub-pages in browsers other than IE. That's no excuse for the mediocre design work through. Programmers don't design at all :)

Overall, I'd say the site is slightly better than the old one, but primarily just because it works in all browsers and has a higher degree of automation. They've taken the "//" thing to an extreme though, which has really decreased the "coolness" factor of it. The site definitely has a more fitting look overall, but it could be MUCH better.

On a final note, if they really want to sell memberships, they should list all of the exclusive media you get, just not give access to view it.

ok, I subscribed for the free membership.
do I still get the early ticket sale deal or whatever it it?
because I'm really only after good concert seats (or any concert seats for that matter) because I think it's going to be a nightmare trying to get tickets this time.
and they'll probably be going on sale in january for the summer shows.

JOFO said:
ok, I subscribed for the free membership.
do I still get the early ticket sale deal or whatever it it?
because I'm really only after good concert seats (or any concert seats for that matter) because I think it's going to be a nightmare trying to get tickets this time.
and they'll probably be going on sale in january for the summer shows.

You have to pay to get tickets early. The free membership is just to interact (i.e. make forum posts under a username).

how much is the subscription? I can't seem to find the rate anywhere

:crazy: :crazy:

I.give.up.

How can my name be taken?

How many Miroslavas can there possibly be?

I'm getting the old 502 proxy error again..

Miroslava, all the names I tried to subscribe with (before it crashed again that is) were taken too :huh:

It said my name was taken too. So I logged out. Logged in and then clicked on subscribe again and it picked up from where I left off. Well except that I had 2 memberships in my cart, but that was easy to fix.

Seems to be working now. I just received the welcome email.

And the thank you for subscribing email :|

And the discount on the shop coupon email.
:|

lol. I shouldnt complain. At least I know where Im up to. I have an email for each step. :hyper:

Here I go again... :|

ETA:

:mad: :mad:

No go. Wish I could be surprised.

At least I got the Dalton Brothers serenading me with Lucille as I type :wink:

Last edited:
I cant listen to any of the video and audio after subscribing. it comes up with a box to put my username and password in and it won't take it :(

D'oh!

It keeps on asking me for a PIN number even though I'm using a credit card, not a debit card.
I should have known U2 and the internet wouldn't work smoothly.

plot180 said:
It keeps on asking me for a PIN number even though I'm using a credit card, not a debit card.
I should have known U2 and the internet wouldn't work smoothly.

Try the last 3 digits on the back of your credit card.

Back
Top Bottom