U2.com is officially up!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Slauz said:

I've got the same problem!
:mad:

me too. emailed them but have only recieved an automated responce so far pointing me to the link for the lost password page (which I can't use as it dosn't recognise my email addy) :sad:

Theres a great big zootopia, not many people in it just yet, but its all set up and working. And links to audio and video stuff which dont work at the moment.

Dunno, what you cant see :shrug:

i beacme a member via the old website on the u2 shop and had an emailing comfirming my purchase but no log in details and it tells me it does not regonise my email address please help!!!!

beli said:
Theres a great big zootopia, not many people in it just yet, but its all set up and working. And links to audio and video stuff which dont work at the moment.

Dunno, what you cant see :shrug:

All the audio/video links work for me. Everything appears to be working and in order. I like the new site. Loads of info and at least when you read quotes from the band, you know it's official :wink:

andyuk said:
i beacme a member via the old website on the u2 shop and had an emailing comfirming my purchase but no log in details and it tells me it does not regonise my email address please help!!!!

it appears i'm not the only one then!
i've emailed both u2.com and the shop - so now i just wait patiently for a response....
worst case scenrio - i get my credit card to cancel the payment to them and sign up again but i'll give it a few days before i try that .
:shrug:

Elvis said:
You have to actually pay the $40 to read the majority of their forum?

When you fully subscribe for $40 (or $20 with the Propoganda/U2.com number) you get full access to all the interviews, videos/making-of's, audio and videos of the back catalogue, ability to post in all Zootopia forums and a 25% discount from the shop. Non subscribers only get short paragraphs of interviews and only 30 seconds of audio files. Plus only a limited use of the forums.

Phi said:
Anyone seen the key chain yet, or at least what it's supposed to look like?

U2TFN001.jpg

achtung y'all said:

When you fully subscribe for $40 (or $20 with the Propoganda/U2.com number) you get full access to all the interviews, videos/making-of's, audio and videos of the back catalogue, ability to post in all Zootopia forums and a 25% discount from the shop. Non subscribers only get short paragraphs of interviews and only 30 seconds of audio files. Plus only a limited use of the forums.

Sad really. I'll stick to the fan sites. They're way better then this $40 rippoff. And they're for free. ;)

Just got off the phone with fanfire. They say that those of us that bought the membership prior to yesterday cannot log in because there is a problem with the communication between fanfire's system and u2.com. They say that the old orders are OK and they have been working on the communication all night. Thus, they recommend sitting tight. I cannot say that I was talking to the sharpest tool in the shed, but I pushed her to make sure that she understood our problem and she says that she did.

We'll see.

I also just spoke to someone regarding not getting the Prop letter. The person was actually very nice (which at least helped me not to get pissed off).

She said took my information as said she would try to have someone get back to me (or get a letter out to me). I told her I couldn't care less about the stupid letter, all I needed was the promotional code.

She also said she wasn't sure someone would get back to me today because of all the problems they were having with the website at the moment.

She had no idea where they got the prop database or why the addresses might have been outdated.

Anyway, if I hear back I'll post back what I hear.

This is my issue:

I go to subscribe and I put my personal information (not credit card though) and when I am finished entering it all in, I proceed to the next page, and it says "couldn't do it." whats that about. am i doing it wrong? I have gotten emails that state 'thank you for signing up for regular updates'.

any helpful info would be great.....

bigdomer said:
Just got off the phone with fanfire. They say that those of us that bought the membership prior to yesterday cannot log in because there is a problem with the communication between fanfire's system and u2.com. They say that the old orders are OK and they have been working on the communication all night. Thus, they recommend sitting tight. I cannot say that I was talking to the sharpest tool in the shed, but I pushed her to make sure that she understood our problem and she says that she did.

We'll see.

thanks for doing that :D
at least i know whats going on now!
just got to sit tight....

I tried to register as a paying user. But at the VISA page, I wasn´t able to choose my shipping method. So I get the "Choose shipping method" message over and over again.

I still got an confirmation e-mail, but I´m not registered as a "premium" kind of user...

odowdpa said:
This is my issue:

I go to subscribe and I put my personal information (not credit card though) and when I am finished entering it all in, I proceed to the next page, and it says "couldn't do it." whats that about. am i doing it wrong? I have gotten emails that state 'thank you for signing up for regular updates'.

any helpful info would be great.....

Exactly the same issue I've had twice with two different user names...

digsy said:

thanks for doing that :D
at least i know whats going on now!
just got to sit tight....

Hi mate... i think we are in the same boat here!!! i ordered my u2 fanclub subscription from fanfire through the u2 store on the old website. This then kept disappearing from the site so i got a bit worried!!! However i got a confirmation email from fanfire and thats all i got. It gave me an order number. I can look at my status through the fanfire website with this order number and my postcode BUT it gives me no information on how to login to the U2.com site!!! It doesnt really even give me an order status it just says "Subscription to U2.Com (U2CFNCLB) qty 1"...

is that the same as you?

Okay have been looking round the site and it is probably the worst ever designed site I have come across.

The menu is poorly laid out and hard to read. There are too many scroll bars. Its too dark. I have authored better ones.

I registered once, and didn't have enough funds on my credit card (damned automated billing), so I put money into the account, came back and tried to register again and was told that my name was taken. I then tried to re-register with a different screen name and was told that my credit card was invalid! I know that this isn't true!

I emailed numerous times, and just got the automated response...I checked and my credit card hasn't been billed....

How do I get these wankers to take my money???!!!!

sheesh!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom