U2 backing vocals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure the only time you hear Adam's voice is on Your Blue Room. And he's speaking.

As for Larry, I know he's the "I feel numb" guy in Numb on Zooropa.

I remember reading here that Adam did backing vocals on some early songs. Well, he had a mic and he sang into occasionally, anyway. I don't know what songs. He also does the vocal on "Endless Deep."

As far as I know, the only backing vocals Larry's done live are on "Miracle Drug" and "Love and Peace or Else" on the Vertigo Tour. But who knows.

During the Chicago DVD Larry has the little headset microphone thingie on for Elevation. Does he sing with Bono on that song? It looked like he was. :huh:

Yeah...Larry is singing in Elevation, Love and Peace, and Miracle Drug on the Vertigo tour.

On the ZooTV tour Larry sung on Zoo Station, Numb, and... something else, maybe Daddy's Gonna Pay?

Not sure about anything before ZooTv.

marik said:
yes, i am more interested in the LIVE performances. didnt adam have a mic in front of him during UF tour and JT tour?

I have seen the entire band singing the "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" chant on the War Tour. Larry has a microphone lowered in front of him. I believe all four also sing on Two Hearts Beat As One on that tour. I have also seen Adam singing on Bullet The Blue Sky on ZooTV (it's on the DVD from either 11 or 15 June 1992, I forget which) - in fact, I have an avatar on LiveJournal made from a screenshot of this. Adam has supposedly contributed vocals to Fire live too. I also think I have a ZooTV bootleg where, during When Love Comes To Town, Bono sticks the microphone out in front of Adam to sing part of the chorus.

Studio credits for Adam off the top of my head are:
- Endless Deep
- Boomerang II
- Your Blue Room
- Tomorrow (1996 Common Ground Remix)

Axver said:
I also think I have a ZooTV bootleg where, during When Love Comes To Town, Bono sticks the microphone out in front of Adam to sing part of the chorus.
Oh yeah, he does that on the 28 Aug 1993 Dublin show.

Ever watch Rattle and Hum? See the mic stand setup in front of Adam? You can hear his "yeah's" with the Edge in Helter Skelter

SMB

Axver said:
Studio credits for Adam off the top of my head are:
- Endless Deep
- Boomerang II
- Your Blue Room
/B]

What bit in Boomerang II does Adam sing, is it all of it?

The vocal on BoomerangII is actualy quite good, that on Endless Deep is not great thogh.

Yeah, early days stuff seemed to have them all backing at one point or another. Again boots from War and UF are my proof, especially on I Will Follow... There was one occasion where Edge and Adam were both away from a mic when the chorus came and Larry was left to back Bono all by his little self. Bless. :D

Back
Top Bottom