U2 Are Punks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sister Ray

The Fly
Hi guys. So we all know that U2 essentially started out as a punk band (do we?). I'm just curious to see how many of you think that they've stuck to this punk manifesto throughout their career, and are still to this day seeking to do something different and "fuck up the mainstream". I think it's really cool that with most of their albums they've managed to do what's not hip or popular for that time and have managed to evolve musically and stay relevant at the same time. If you look at the years that U2's albums came out, and the dominant musical genres during those years, you really appreciate what the they've managed to accomplish artistically. Thoughts? Opinions? Comments? Let's see 'em!

------------------
I'm searching for my mainline,
I said I couldn't hit it sideways,
I said I couldn't hit it sideways,
Ah, it's just like Sister Ray says!

Well, U2 usually just plays 3-4 chords in most of their songs... but they experiment with their sounds and song structure, which makes them uniquely U2...

I believe U2 is considered as Post-Punk, but even that catergory gives U2 a lot of room to grow and change.

smile.gif

theSoulfulMofo

------------------
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on." - Stairway to Heaven, Zoso: Led Zeppelin

Back
Top Bottom