U2 and Drugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starvinmarvin

Refugee
I know Adam Clayton has been busted for pot possession, but have any other members of U2 been into drugs? When I listen to Zooropa, it is obvious that drugs were involved one way or another. I would be surprised if the rest of the band didn't at least pass around a spliff once in a while.

VertigoGal said:
I think there was a thread on this awhile ago...:hmm:

Sorry if this topic has already been posted....i've only been browsing these boards for a few months, and haven't seen it yet....

It's an interesting topic though....

Think Bono was caught shooting up the big H one night. And Edge has been known to snort a mountain of cocaine at the weekend, the mad fuc#er!:wink:

rjhbonovox said:
Think Bono was caught shooting up the big H one night. And Edge has been known to snort a mountain of cocaine at the weekend, the mad fuc#er!:wink:

I knew it!!! :wink:

Bono's eyes certainly look "effected" during his Macphisto portion during Sydney Zoo. Think WOWY and Lemon. Unless he is just tripping off the alternate reality he is creating!

Alcohol is a drug...lets not forget. We know they have all used that.

Edge took mushrooms at least once as documented in "Until the End of the World" book.

Bono mentions trying marijuana as already mentioned in the thread.

Bono looks like he is on something (other then just liquor) when accepting the Zooropa award...best alternative album or something like that. Of course this is just speculation.

It seems likely that at least one drug that much of society would consider "harder" was at least used to some extent by at least one band member at some point. I know this is broad... Probably in the early 90's Zoo period.

Flame if you want...the last two thoughts are just IMO.

starvinmarvin said:
I know Adam Clayton has been busted for pot possession, but have any other members of U2 been into drugs? When I listen to Zooropa, it is obvious that drugs were involved one way or another. I would be surprised if the rest of the band didn't at least pass around a spliff once in a while.

Zooropa was recorded during ZooTV tour though, adrenaline might've been involved too some extent.

Larry's probably experimented the least of them.

Adam's been sober for about 10 years though, I'm guessing that means everything, not just alcohol. I think he's even giving up, or trying to give up smoking.

redhill said:
Bono's eyes certainly look "effected" during his Macphisto portion during Sydney Zoo. Think WOWY and Lemon. Unless he is just tripping off the alternate reality he is creating!

QUOTE]

HOW IN THE FUCK????? Effected? First of all, he's wearing a hell of a lot of makeup, and around the eyes, and that can put an "effect" around the eyes, which is obvious and deliberate. HE DOES NOT, AT ALL, SEEMED DRUGGED UP DURING THE MACPHISTO ZOO SYDNEY PART. Watch some more of the close-ups. They seem very normal to me. Altogether, during the whole concert in general, he never once seems under the influence of anything.

And as for them trying drugs.... so fucking what?

As for the Zooropa awards thing... so fucking what? Knowing Bono, he was just... being goofy. Or maybe slightly tipsy... so who cares? It sounds funny as hell if anything.

Smoking/drinking.
Might have tried other things at one point - Adam, Edge's mushroom story - but other than that, I think they're pretty clean for a rock band.

"We were trying to play once under the influence in about 1978, because we heard a lot of the bands do it. It was such a dreadful show we woved never to do it again." - Edge

I look AND act worse when I'm on liquor all by itself.

I think Bono was tired and drunk at the Grammy awards.

We've all tried the grass...you know that. :wink:

why do people keep thinking bono's zoo sydney macphisto performance is "coke" induced??? ITS THE CHARACTER!!! wtf?? i didnt notice anything coked up about it. the "sniffling" thing, well, i think he did that on purpose.. other than that.. he was fine. and his eyes dont look fucked up. look at close-up pics of those parts on PLEBA, for example, and you'll see he looks alright.
like i said before, make-up can make the eyes themselves look different from a distance. up close, you can see he's fine.

yikes.

Man you don't have to get your panties in a bunch. What a spaz.

Just expressing an opinion.... one which I still hold despite your hysteria!

Name another time he has showed his nipple to the camera.

redhill said:
Man you don't have to get your panties in a bunch. What a spaz.

Just expressing an opinion.... one which I still hold despite your hysteria!

Name another time he has showed his nipple to the camera.

for fucks sakes!! btw, i dont wear panties, i wear boxers. :eyebrow:

his nipple? what about his crotch? and ass?

hes shown edge's nipple a few times using the Bonocam or for the camera. ive seen numerous pics (on PLEBA) from the zootv tour and popmart where hes done that before, to himself or edge. its nothing new or different with the nipple thing. its cool!

so because he showed his nipple that means he was coked up on crack? yeah, okay.. whatever.

maybe i should toss my ZOO TV tape in the "literal trashcan" now, since you seem to know for sure he was on coke when doing that part.

whatever.

i have seen people high on that shit and he sure as fuck doesnt seem that way to me in that segment, or anything else from that show, or any other time... maybe drunk, but sure as fuck not on crack or heroin.

yeah maybe in person, but your head is in panicmode.

you seem to be disgusted at the thought of bono performing under the influence. to the point of throwing a zootv vid in the trash. its not that serious. i think itd be pretty tight to see personally. macphisto is badass.

t8thgr8 said:
you seem to be disgusted at the thought of bono performing under the influence. to the point of throwing a zootv vid in the trash. its not that serious. .

dude, i was joking about the trash. it was sarcastic. i would never ever do that. its also a sort of an inside joke referring to that guy on here who i gave shit for about throwing out his Zooropa cd after just a couple listens and not liking it.

i never plan to trash my tape. even if bono was on crack, like you so seriously seem to think he was... which is very fucked up.

I think the best way to piss MattfromNYC off is to continue assuming that Bono was stoned out of his fucking mind in Sydney. :wink:

*is suddenly overtaken with a desire to see the Sydney performance*

Last edited:
Lol @ this.

Am I really the only person who's never taken any sort of drugs? Excluding paracetemol and alcohol. :)

Back
Top Bottom