Today was a good day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UltraVioletMofo

The Fly
I was blessed with an awesome gift last night. In walks my supervisor and he says" I know your a big fan so here ya go" and he plops it down on my desk. A shiny new Promotional copy of HTDAAB. It even has the little sticker that reads its intended soley for promo use and all that.(working for a certain company does have its advantages after all) I just looked at it for a few seconds without moving or saying anything. Thank GOD he's also a fan!

For those of you who have downloaded it, do yourself a BIG BIG favor and make sure to get the disc. I heard the album via the mp3's that were going around and even preordered the collectors edition. But MAN O MAN O MAN it smokes on actual cd.

I cranked up the speakers on the way home from work and popped it in. Suddenly I heard the 4 clicks of larry's drumsticks count off the start of Vertigo and it was BLASTOFF!

Needing more uptempo stuff I raced past miracle drug and Sometimes..and went to LOPOE and was again in my groove. Then came COBL and there I was at a red light, with the window rolled down, screaming at the top of my lungs "oh you look so beautiful tonight" to an old couple looking at me from their lincoln in pure horror. :ohmy:

Is it any different at all from the mp3s going around? U2.com reported that the leaks were 'incomplete' versions. Are they lying or is it actually different?

Jesus, what time will Fedex actually get here.. ? I can't wait to hear this in stereo...
:hyper:

:cool:- Vertigo just came on VH1 - that I had on mute..
That must be a sign.. early delivery. :yes: because I say so..

Well, about having a good day...
Today was a terrible day for me actually- late everywhere, pissed (is that how you say it? ;) ) and angry... I was just walking down the street, in a hurry, already late for classes, when suddenly i heard... "Crumbs..."! I was soo surprised, someone (just like you UltraVioletMofo) was playing htdaab loudly in his car :D
It was awesome, made me smile instantly!:wink:
Well, looks like HTDAAB makes my life better;)

Yep I am pleased to hear that the quality is better than the mp3's. I know it should be but I was worried. Some of the sound of the mp3's really distorts and sounds a real mess like on Sometimes You Can't make it, Love and peace or else and especially on City of blinding lights. So it will be nice to hear it in all its glory on CD. I think I will stop listening to the mp3's till I get the real thing now!:wink:

The VBR mp3s I downloaded have no distortion....they're perfect.....as good as you can get off the CD. So to you people not being able to wait to hear it on CD, I suggest you find the VBRs or get new computer speakers.

LOL the VBRs are pure shit. The high end is so phasy its almost nauseating to listen to!!!

elfyx said:
LOL the VBRs are pure shit. The high end is so phasy its almost nauseating to listen to!!!

Correct! It distorts at high volume. Mp3 loses quality when converted. Thats why there are lossless sound file formats now such as Flac. Well I hope so anyway, cos when its played thru my Dolby Digital amp and home cinema system it distorts and parts of some of the songs sound crap. City Of Blinding Lights actually distorts when the sound gets louder.Fact!

Back
Top Bottom