This topic must stay on top until Dec 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vox626

The Fly
I just voted at VH-1.com and u2 is LOSING every award they were nominated for. Everytime its to the same 2 groups. Bon Jovi and Dave Matthewes band. What the shit!!!! I know its fixed because Bon Jovi is winning the BEST ONLINE SITE and Dave Matthewes is second. I guess this means they have a bigger fan base online. Well to that I say BULL SHIT!!! I truly believe that us has the best online fan base just by this website alone. WE all have to vote, and if anyone could figure out a way to vote more then once.....DO IT!!!!!! I hate losing to BON FUCKING JOVI, Dave is good but I still want u2 to beat them. So lets go, we have until DECEMBER 2nd!!!!!!!!!! lets prove who has the best fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to keep voting under your own user you have to keep deleting the cookie called vh1[2]. (Apparently that's what the fans of these other two bands have been doing).

I've tried this and have been able to keeping on voting. I don't think its going to make a difference, though, the lead seems to big at this point.

Originally posted by ramblin rose:
If you want to keep voting under your own user you have to keep deleting the cookie called vh1[2]. (Apparently that's what the fans of these other two bands have been doing).

I've tried this and have been able to keeping on voting. I don't think its going to make a difference, though, the lead seems to big at this point.

HOw do you disable the cookie?

Originally posted by rooftop to the basement:
HOw do you disable the cookie?

In Windows:

Search - files or folders - type in: vh1[2] Press search - when you find it highlight it and press delete.

Originally posted by ramblin rose:

That is unfair. We should have known how to cheat sooner. Or is loyalty shown by excessive voting?

Wasn't there an Interferencer who used to win polls for U2 by voting many many times?

I don't remember his name but it worked really well!

We should ask his help!

------------------
"You see things and say 'Why?'; but I dream things that never were and I say 'Why not?'" -- George Bernard Shaw

Hey guys- Vox I agree, WE CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!!! We must work together and fix this , NOW!!! It is pure horror if we have to sit through an awards show that U2 is nominated in 6 categories, but yet they win NONE, and worse of all, to Bon Jovi? Someone tell me this is a damn joke.
I voted about 30 times yesterday, kept making up new user names. It worked like a charm, but damnit, it was not changing the results at all. All of us need to take an hour to vote.
COME ON, U2 MUST WIN!!!
This was THEIR year and they deserve to win.

Its starting to look a little better, but far from good. I know there is over a month left and they still count votes up to the very last second but i refuse to except losing to Bon Jovi!!!!!!!or any one else for that matter, also why is u2station up for best u2 website???? Youtwo.net is my favorite followed by interference.com. I actually come here more then youtwo.net. I reley more on the forums for news then any place else, thats how I found out about lettermen and the dvd release. Anyway, go vote!!!!!!

Get the Lysol; there may be lots of shitting and puking come early December. I voted, and as soon as I can figure out how to do it again, I will. But it sure don't look good. Bon Jovi and DMB fans may be stupid and tasteless, but they know their way around voting rules.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

Originally posted by U2SJ:
I voted about 30 times yesterday, kept making up new user names. It worked like a charm, but damnit, it was not changing the results at all. All of us need to take an hour to vote.

You really don't have to keep on registering. When you finish voting just search for the cookies with vh1 in it, (there's usually one cookie), once you delete it you can go back in and vote again with your same user.

***bump***

Thanks for the cookie tip. But there was no vh1[2] here. There was a vh1[1]. Just to be safe, I deleted all vh1 cookies.

This is one time when I don't mind losing my cookies! LOL!

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"

Listen-If on december 2nd on watching vh-1 and the category for BEST LIVE ACT is announced and BON JOVI wins....oh shit, im gonna shit my self. I saw u2 in 97 and other then the fact that adam was dressed like a freak it was incredible!!!!I saw them in june at MSG and it mad the 97 show look like a milli vanilli concert. It blew my mind, even my brother who hates the "new" u2 said that this concert was great and the new songs were almost like the 80's u2! I really hope I dont have to bon jovi or DMB win. I really think that u2 is the best live act and thats not just because i love them. One more thing, if they lose the must have album Im going to shit my self again!!!!!!so lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that everyone starts voting so I dont shit my self!!!!

I just voted again at vh1 and it looks the same. I figured out how to vote more then once. you have to go to your c-drive, click on windows, then click on cookies. Go to the vh-1 cookie and delete it. I know it sounds all ninja style but it works. oh yeah......Bon JOvi blows!!!!

Yes, I just voted and DMB & Bon Jovi indeed have the early lead. Makes me want to puke. U2 fans must come up with a co-ordinated grassroots effort to defeat the enemy!!! This is war...and war isn't pretty!!! So disable cookies, register under 2122 different ficticious names at VH1.com or what have you but together, WE CAN PUT U2 IN THE WINNERS CIRCLE WHERE THEY RIGHTFULLY BELONG!!!

I mean, right now, both Bon Jovi and DMB are leading in the category for "Hottest Live Show". Can you believe that crap? VOTE!!!

Don't be discouraged from voting even though it appears Bon Jovi and DMB are out to comfortable leads. It's still early, voting goes from now until December 3! As an example: Just 2 years ago everyone thought Derek Jeter was going to win the fan voting for starting the All-Star game at shortstop for the American League but because of a well organized, internet voting campaign by Red Sox fans everywhere Nomar Garciapparra squeaked out a victory, overcoming something like a 500,000 vote deficit in the last week of voting...so let's not give up the fight!!!

VOTE!!! VOTE!!! VOTE!!! VOTE!!! VOTE!!!

Clean your cookies out & vote again its very easy....when ever your bored at work just do qucik vote...i have done so 2 so far today...very slow day for me

bon jovi is not bad,
how come everybody bad talks bon jovi??
ritchi is a great guitarist, have u heard an argentinian band calles Rata Blanca, his guitarist is the best man.

Its not that bon jovi is bad, its just that they are not as good as u2. Bon Jovi has some kick ass songs. However, when it comes down to best live act??????u2 makes bon jovi look like vanilla ice!!! The only reason they are winning is because they have a larger online fan base. They are not a BAD band by any means but they just arnt as good as U2, at least thats what i feel
smile.gif

Actually, I think the only reason that Bon Jovi is winning is because they were more organized and there is probably a lot of cheating going on as well. Their fanbase in the USA is only 1/3 of U2s, perhaps even less.

They are playing live on thanksgiving weekend on vh-1..well not live but you know what I mean. If after that they dont win the BEST LIVE ACT at my vh-1 awards then im going into a bon jovi web site and going to pick a fight.

Back
Top Bottom