Thinking ahead to next tour's opening acts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:

Can you play the tambourine? I really need a killer tambourine player. :wink:

Tambourine is one of the only instruments I can play. That and the triangle. And of course the cowbell.

If the Pixies are still on speaking terms by the next tour, I'd love to see them open. I can think of few things that would get me more hyped up in GA than Frank Black's sonic scream. :drool:

patske said:
Elbow!!! good choice..They are awesome live

Haven't seen them live yet, but Leaders of the Free World is knocking my socks off!

bono_man2002 said:

I'd love to see how My Chemical Romance come on stage following Muse's Knights Of Cydonia......

I'd love to be there just to see that too... They're brave... No doubt they are... I can't imagine anything following that song, but that's ok...

Anyway next U2 opening act :hmm: What do you think about The Strokes? Maybe they're already too big for that... It could be Klaxons or Editors. I think Editors are more a "U2 opening band". And they're ok live...

corianderstem said:
Arcade Fire for multiple dates, not just one city. So bummed to have missed that. :(

I wouldn't bet on seeing Arcade Fire opening for anyone anymore. Their new album is the best of this year and they are selling out venues all over the world on their own included 3 shows in Chicago, which is a major city.

A lot of these bands I havent heard of but........NOT MUSE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!! Someone sed they might be too big........YEAH RIGHT!
Unless they bigger than U2, then anyone can open for em

Last edited:
It seems I'll be forming a rip-roaringly awesome band of Interferencers.

Clearly, we shall prevail, and win the hearts of U2. :rockon:

And :lol: at the McCartney/Frappuccino comment!

Really, a band of interferencers would probably be the most appropriate choice. We'd kick the crap out of Kings of Leon anyway. :lol:

I just couldn't hear a note they played. It was like a giant wall of noise (not in any way caused by Phil Spector). I liked their album, but really, the venue's sound really killed it for me.

I'm not the only one who's commented on them negatively either. :huh:

I need to get my band's act together. And by "act together," I mean "find a bassist and a drummer." :lol:

Back
Top Bottom