The most underrated U2 song is....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the replies keep coming in I will wait until I make the most underrated songs list

It feels great to be back in here after I have been ranting and raving for about 2 hours in Free Your Mind :wink:

Last edited:
Muggsy said:

GONE!!... that's a great song... and the live version is amazing.

One of my favourite U2 songs.

New York is under-rated, the first time I heard it I thought it was crap, but then I listened to it a few more times and I'm addicted, it's incredible. Live it's even better.

IMPORTANT

I know that when I started this thread I didn't ask you to rank you top 10 or someting like that, so this is an inexact science. I gave a point to each song mentioned and a point when someone posted to agree with someone else. If I posted Electrical Storm was most underrated, and John Q posted that he agreed, that's 2 points for Electrical Storm. So far, here are the 10 most underrated songs according to this thread:

1. Electrical Storm (15)
2. When I Look At The World (9)
3. Ultra Violet (7)
4. Gone (7)
5. Wire (6)
6. So Cruel (6)
7. Drowning Man (6)
8. Acrobat (5)
9. New York (5)
10. A Sort of Homecomming (5)

This is not exact as I was given about 80 different songs to keep track of. I have a piece of paper on which I tallied all the points. You can ask me about how many times a specific song was mentioned and I will gladly let you know :wink:

Last edited:
I don't think Gone is underrated amongst U2 fans. Amonst the general music-listening public, I don't think it's so much underrated as it is unknown.

Zooropa. The song. I think it's fab but I think it's one the casual fan would maybe not notice or pay much attention to.

So cruel, One tree hill, Heartland, In a little while, Silver and gold/North and south of the river from the B-sides, Running to stand still, One step closer, Ultraviolet, First time, Stateless.

Last edited:
So Cruel gets my vote also. Although "A Sort of Homecoming" and "Running to Stand Still" aren't as popular as they should have been. They're two of my favs.

I also have to admit I really liked "Kite"

Some Days Are Better Than Others...fuzzbox solo....:drool:

I think Zooropa the song is the best U2 song ever, but generally that one is regarded as a classic by most fans.

Back
Top Bottom