The most underrated U2 song is....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Acrobat, Ultra Violet - great calls! I'd add Stuck In A Moment, that song's saved me on a few occasions and its lyrics get overlooked, I feel, people don't realise they go against the sweet melody, ah that song is great!

Also I'd say, Electric Co, I know fans know it but randomers wouldn't probably and it's a fab wee song! Um, also I think A Sort of Homecoming.

I hear ya on A Sort Of Homecoming. It's actually my 2nd favorite opening number, after Sunday Bloody Sunday. A Sort Of Homecoming, it really takes you somewhere. The sounds, they conjure up some film in your mind's eye, like a home movie of when you were young or something. I dunno, I'm drifting...

Yep I know what you mean! I find it quite evocative of Scotland as well, for me that's good as I'm Scottish ;) and that's the closest U2 ever gets to doing that for me.

DignityPassesBy said:
With or without you lol it never gets any attention :wink:
There's some truth in this.
The worst songs off Pop get more attention as a whole than the best songs off TJT (best album evah!) I'm dead serious.

Maybe it's because the songs are so amazing they don't need any more validation :wink:

Well, my favorite U2 song, that I've NEVER seen mentioned on here is:
Stories For Boys.
I absolutely love that song, and I never read about it.

Others I love and don't hear about...Seconds...Red Light...Wire...

Along those lines of JT...I never seem to hear much about ISHFWILF...I don't know, maybe i'm on the wrong threads, but not much about that song really.

Drowning Man
Surrender
A Sort of Homecoming
Indian Summer Sky
In God's Country
Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
Acrobat
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Wild Honey (as a pure pop song) - Nothing more, nothing less.
Electrical Storm

and most of all

Lady with the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)

I know it sounds crazy, but could Lady be their best song? It is practically a combination of two of U2's greatest songs ( The Fly and UV) and creates over six minutes of greatness.

If only Acrobat could somehow have made its way into the song(Haha).

A Day Without Me

I was driving in my car today after I started this thread and decided I would take some time to listen to some of U2's older songs considering I usually listen to Achtung, ATYCLB, HTDAAB, TUF or Best of's. I listened to this song again and immidiately thought it deserved more attention than it gets.

My personal pick would have to be Silver and Gold. I love the way they tie together political issues and human suffering with words and those amazingly powerful chords...."Ok Edge, play the blues!" Sends chills up my spine every time.

A Celebration is a close second in my eyes. Lady, So Cruel, A Sort of Homecoming are also great. Always Forever Now is also one of my favorites.

I think there are so many great songs that just get lost in the midst of the single's hype. This is unfortunate for fly-by U2 fans, but great for the hardcore ones like us!

Electrical Storm
4th Of July
Shadows And Tall Trees
Wire
The Ocean
New York
When I Look At The World
Some Days Are Better Than Others

Electrical Storm is brilliant. Only i wish Larry would kiss me instead of Samantha Norton!!!!!

Gone is also one of their best written songs. Very powerful.

bono_212 said:
Well, my favorite U2 song, that I've NEVER seen mentioned on here is:
Stories For Boys.
I absolutely love that song, and I never read about it.

Stories for Boys is one of my favourite songs from Boy :rockon: definitely underrated. I wish they woulda played it in full this tour, but the snippet was pretty cool.

Fire from October is vastly underrated. One of U2's best songs and my favourite from the album.

New York and Miami both seem to be on a lot of people's least favourites list, which is a shame, because they're both great songs that got even better live. I'd say Pop as a whole is underrated but here it's really not; here ATYCLB is underrated.

I have to add Always to my list. This is a great song, yet nobody ever talks about it.

LDM007 said:
Lady with the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)

I know it sounds crazy, but could Lady be their best song? It is practically a combination of two of U2's greatest songs ( The Fly and UV) and creates over six minutes of greatness.

Great choice! I LOVE that song, it always cheers me up, and it's just brilliant. :D

I agree about WOWY as well. It's rated in the wrong way sometimes, lol, people think of it as just another rock love ballad and miss what it's really about.

miss becky said:
I have to add Always to my list. This is a great song, yet nobody ever talks about it.

I also love always, but think the vocals are lowsy, and the lyrics need to some touching up in several spots.

^I :heart: the part the second time Bono sings the chorus and his voice cracks............soooooo cute, and the way he sings "I want you" towards the end is surprisingly raspy:drool:

Definitely Electrical Storm. And Promenade. Both are beautiful, beautiful songs. :heart:
Also, I don't care too much about the rest of Passengers, but Your Blue Room and Miss Sarajevo are both heavily underrated.

I love ES. The original, the one on B disc of best of is the best, the single version took all the life out of it.

Song is very sad and sweet like the memories it brings.

kitsig.jpg

Ultra Violet.... that's such a beautiful song

"Baby light my way" :heart:

Back
Top Bottom