The i-tunes commercial is making an impact...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
I don't know about the rest of you, but after the official radio release date, I was getting a bit frustrated about how very few people I knew realized there was a new U2 song out.

But with the i-tunes commercial only having been released a couple of days ago, I have already had several people comment "I saw the i-tunes commercial with that new U2 song - it's great!"

I think the i-tunes commercial is going to really move this song into a new realm of popularity.

Your thoughts?

It is a great ad, and brilliant marketing. I think a lot more people are going to like the song. The only problem is if it generates a lot of sellout talk. This shouldn't be a problem if U2 is clear that it's the concept of iTunes that they are promoting and the song currently is only available through these means.

I've seen alot of peope talking about the ad - saying that they had no idea that u2 was coming out with a new album - this ad reaches many, many more than the release of the single on radio It has people interested - the video is very cool as the rest of the ipod commericals are with the added bonus of actually seeing U2 (who in turn look damn cool). Brilliant move on both parts. again
U2 plays music
apple has itunes/ipod
itunes has vertigo
ipods play music

i hope they ramp it up when the album is released and have the commercials have a note about the album as well

If this VERTIGO video is good, I'd say we'll have a new hit for the boys!

Back
Top Bottom