The Hands That Built America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
I just watched the little clip of it on U2.com and, well, I know I shouldn't judge a song by a small clip, but I did not like what I heard. Is there a full MP3 out yet?

i told ya , the next song will be cover of US national anthem by U2 . U 2better split up , Egge u hear me ??:yell: :banghead: :shame:

maybe the whole thing will sound better, but that snippet has to be the most boring music ive ever heard u2 make.

i hope im proven wrong.

you don't seem to like anything they make anymore bearness :eyebrow:

while I admit ATYCLB is not my favourite album of theirs, I love it and respect it for the guts it took to make an album with a message like that, and there are times I feel like I need to listen to it. let's put it this way, I wouldn't want some theif to break into my house and steal it, or something like that....

as for Hands, i cant tell with that clip

I think most of the judgements are too harsh.I think this could be the most floating song U2 has ever done.I just love the way keyboards sounds on this song.The best part is, its not by Brian Eno, its by the next Brian Eno, The Edge.

I have high expectatons from this number, Bono looks on form and Larry has this new freshness to his playing.Ofcourse its only 30 secs.

It really is too early to tell...that clip would probably do the song no justice anyways...with that said, it sounds fairly different and experimental, which isn't a bad thing...time will tell of course.

What I don't understand is why so many people seemed to love that new version of Stay they did. THAT was adult contemporary. Zooropa is my least favourite U2 album, but I vastly prefer the original Stay (which I have always liked.) So far, I've only heard the original clip of them working on Hands that Built America, so I can't really judge. I liked what I heard. I just wish they would get off the America obsession.

In most cases, you have to expect that bands are going to get a little bit softer, musically, when they get older. They're in their 40s, they have families, they're all happy...what do you expect? It's not always bad. In fact, it can start to look stupid if a band rocks with the same angst they had at 20. Of course, as you know, I'm not craving a return to Pop, but that's another story.

well, I just listened to it again.....I'm starting to think that it's gonna rock at the end and be really good.

I hope, because if it stays in that floating vibe...well, it's just too boring.:yawn:

I think the sound of "Hands that Built America" isn't going to mirror the sounds of their new direction or that of "Electric Storm". The movie it was written for takes place at the turn of the century (1900), and I believe the sound was produce to emulate the sounds of that era. U2 were probably experimenting with the sound and came up with a song that will be a novelty for U2 fans and others.

It's very rare that I like any song immediately upon hearing it... I think you need a few listens to fully appreciate it... I think that's going to be the case with THTBA. I haven't been disappointed in many U2 songs so far... I expect the guys will come up with something great. :)

Does anyone know anything about THIS!

I was listening to Hands That Built America, when it occured to me that it sounds strikingly familiar. Does anyone remember an older tune by David Bowie that he recorded with Pat Metheny called "This is Not America"? Well not only do they share the topic of Americ, but they also sound alike musically. Does anyone else see the simliarities?

Even if I like what what I hear, it's hard to give an opinion about it. It's just a small clip, so better wait to hear the whole song. Remember the small clip of Beautiful Day in U2.com, nothing to do with the song!

Back
Top Bottom