The greatest song ever recorded.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrBrau1 said:
Stairway isn't even close to being the greatest Zeppelin tune.

True, I prefer the Rolf Harris version anyway, has more....passion. Can you tell what it is yet mate!:wink:

I think just about anything off of The Bends contends and beats anything U2 ever did for greatest song ever recorded.

I personally think it is the greatest album of all time.

U2 best live band...but Radiohead beats them for best albums. I think, contrary to most critics, that Achtung Baby is a better album to OK Computer.

discothequeLP said:
best song ever recorded = Stairway to Heaven

i know it's cliche but its true

Do yourself a favor and check out Supper's Ready by Genesis. You'll be ashamed you ever thought Stairway to Heaven was that great. I like Stairway, and obviously it's more popular. But if you (or anyone else) wants to have your mind BLOWN, listen to Supper's Ready. This goes for all the Radiohead fans too. Contrary to some people's beliefs, Radiohead did not invent beauty, complexity, and originality in music. I only have a couple of friends who were willing to listen to it (b/c of it's length), but they came away with the same feeling I had. I never knew music could make a person feel what this song does.

Axver said:
Axver's favourite song = 11 O'clock Tick Tock
Best song ever recorded = Where The Streets Have No Name

Why won't they bring that song back! 11 o clock tick tock. Performed it at the Irving Plaza gig, why not again?

thrillme said:

Why won't they bring that song back! 11 o clock tick tock. Performed it at the Irving Plaza gig, why not again?

They even did it eight times on Elevation. I don't know why it missed this tour! It would be much better than Vertigo twice!

Let's just go back to the UF Tour opening duo of 11 O'clock Tick Tock/I Will Follow.

fave U2 song: ACROBAT
others: Rock n' Roll (Led Zep), Go With The Flow (QOTSA), No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley)

cmb737 said:
I think just about anything off of The Bends contends and beats anything U2 ever did for greatest song ever recorded.

I personally think it is the greatest album of all time.

U2 best live band...but Radiohead beats them for best albums. I think, contrary to most critics, that Achtung Baby is a better album to OK Computer.

Cof, Cof, The Bends ?

A Third rate, U2 album ?

Only three good songs, High'n'Dry, Fake Plastic trees, Street Spirit...

The rest ?, for the dogs....

The Bends, 6/10 , In my big and humble book.

The Bends ----> 6/10
Ok Computer ----> 9/10
Kid A ----> 7/10

Joshua Tree ----> 10/10
Achtung Baby -----> 10/10
How to dismantle an atomic bomb ----> 8.5/10

DarkAcrobat said:

Cof, Cof, The Bends ?

A Third rate, U2 album ?

Only three good songs, High'n'Dry, Fake Plastic trees, Street Spirit...

The rest ?, for the dogs....

The Bends, 6/10 , In my big and humble book.

The Bends ----> 6/10
Ok Computer ----> 9/10
Kid A ----> 7/10

Joshua Tree ----> 10/10
Achtung Baby -----> 10/10
How to dismantle an atomic bomb ----> 8.5/10

The Bends is a better album than HTDAAB, far better. Time will not be kind to HTDAAB, after 10 years it will not be known for anything other than being a U2 album. An average U2 album. The Bends is a classic and rightly known as one of the best albums of the 90's along with Achtung baby and OK Computer. I doubt many people will be saying that about HTDAAB in 10 years time.:wink:

rjhbonovox said:

The Bends is a better album than HTDAAB, far better. Time will not be kind to HTDAAB, after 10 years it will not be known for anything other than being a U2 album. An average U2 album. The Bends is a classic and rightly known as one of the best albums of the 90's along with Achtung baby and OK Computer. I doubt many people will be saying that about HTDAAB in 10 years time.:wink:

Nope they won't be saying its one of the best albums of the 90s.... they will be saying it was one of the best albums of the 00s:wink:

Im with you boysupidboy
for me also SYCMOYO has to be one of the very greats

SYCMOYO- What a masterpiece!
One
With or Without You

Walk On:drool: for me.

At the moment I'm also loving "Roll Right By You" by Powderfinger, and "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan.

Best U2 song ever recorded? That's like trying to choose your favorite brother.

Best from another artist?
Pearl Jam - Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town

A Day in the Life.

Solsbury Hill, Red Rain,Verdi Cries, and several others are definitely in the running.
U2 doesn't have a perfect song.
They have a perfect body of work.

These songs are the shit bizzlenatch:wink:

Best U2 - Running To Stand Still/ The Fly
Best Zep- When The Levee Breaks
Best The Who- Baba O' Riley
Best Dylan- Just Like A Woman ( Who would have thought that eh?)
Best Hendrix- Little Wing
Best Oasis- Live Forever
Best The Frames- For The Birds

You get the picture, I really don't want to type much more due to laziness but there's so much
:wink:

ZeroDude said:

Best U2 - Running To Stand Still/ The Fly
Best Zep- When The Levee Breaks
Best The Who- Baba O' Riley
Best Dylan- Just Like A Woman ( Who would have thought that eh?)
Best Oasis- Live Forever
Best The Frames- For The Birds

You get the picture, I really don't want to type much more due to laziness but there's so much
:wink:

Best WHAM - Club tropicana

boystupidboy said:
im bored with 'one'

*tries to find his tin hat*

Too late!

sterb041.gif

:D

ZeroDude said:

Hendrix song would be Voodoo Chile, the studio version is the greatest example of Electric guitar you will EVER hear!

rjhbonovox said:

Hendrix song would be Voodoo Chile, the studio version is the greatest example of Electric guitar you will EVER hear!

Yes I agree that Voodoo Chile is the greatest studio recording of guitar playing ever but Little Wing is a better song instead of being a recording of ultimate kickassery:wink:

ZeroDude said:

Yes I agree that Voodoo Chile is the greatest studio recording of guitar playing ever but Little Wing is a better song instead of being a recording of ultimate kickassery:wink:

Yep true but, I think that the live versions of Little Wing were far superior to the studio version. An even better song than Little Wing would be Bold As Love from the studio album Axis:Bold As Love, absolute superb playout guitar sends a shiver down my spine.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom